Wave 3 Dreamcast Releases Available to Preorder on RushOnGame

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Wave 3 Dreamcast Releases Available to Preorder on RushOnGame

Post#1 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:43 am

As you have most likely seen by now, JoshProd has been teasing a reveal banner this week to which each day leading up to the 10th May has shown another blank square where a ‘hidden’ Dreamcast release hides. Well, we now have a clear picture of all the the games we can expect in the 3rd round of releases! There’s some interesting titles here with one which is a surprise entrant, we already knew about Flashback 2 (Fade to Black), Battlecrust and The Escapee but Bang 2 Busters and Another World are interesting choices that weren’t common knowledge beforehand.

Bang 2 Busters is a cutesy platform originally for the Neo-Geo developed around 2000, you take control of the character using enemies as your projectile with careful aiming, an enemy can be used to dispatch the other threats in the level and pick-ups are available once enemies are taken care of, it’s an odd blend really that perhaps wouldn’t look out of place on the Amiga but gameplay-wise, it looks like it could be a whole load of fun, check the video below of the AES version.

Next up is Another World, which has seen an unofficial release on the console before this point but this time around, the game looks to have additional features some of which are shared in the 20th anniversary release if the trailer is to be taken literally. Another World follows in the same gameplay mechanic as Flashback which is featured in the last wave of releases for the console, we look forward to giving this one a shot when it comes out later in the year.

The Escapee, Flashback 2 and Battle Crust will prop up the aforementioned games too, all 5 are available to pre-order as a set from RushOnGame or individually too, it’s worth noting that the later style ‘ Dreamcast ‘ banner and swirl aren’t featured on the packaging for these games, one would hope that JoshProd reconsider this as all later software featured such design whereas earlier software had no logo on them, it would be nice to stick to the uniformity from the previous wave of games.

Here’s a handy link to get your pre-orders in now :

https://en.rushongame.com/sales/dreamcast-may-2018/

Source: https://dreamcasttoday.wordpress.com/20 ... ushongame/

lerabot
blackout!

Re: Wave 3 Dreamcast Releases Available to Preorder on RushOnGame

Post#2 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:52 am

Why do they all to be PAL styled? Where is the NTSC love?
Indie Game Studio

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#3 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:54 am

lerabot wrote:Why do they all to be PAL styled? Where is the NTSC love?

JoshProd and RushON are European companies.

Jesus, each game is over $40 again, before shipping. I'll wait for the NTSC releases...to go on sale...maybe...

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#4 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:46 am

DCGX wrote:
Jesus, each game is over $40 again, before shipping. I'll wait for the NTSC releases...to go on sale...maybe...

^this...I just paid $40 for a minty copy of the Japanese version of Shadow Dancer for the Mega Drive today, in all honesty I think even that is a better deal :lol: :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#5 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:25 pm

This is great news, Ill need to have a look at these
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Any new games are always a treat for Dreamcast despite them being ports. I for one welcome ports but it is always nice to see exclusives from the ground up as well.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#7 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:40 pm

I just with the dc image was included on these.

I wonder when/if a ntsc version will be available? I see videogamesnewyork is supposed to have a few preorders at Some point. I hope thebitstation can sell them.

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Post#8 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:58 pm