TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist Remixed For Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Re: TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist Remixed For Dreamcast

Post#41 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Great work dubcity. Game now working fast! I Added your description and links on first post.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#42 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:42 pm

Ivan Guber wrote:Great work dubcity. Game now working fast! I Added your description and links on first post.

Cool. Thanks for doing that Ivan. Glad it's working out for everyone.

Still I wish I could have got the global palette right. Then it would be blazing fast.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#43 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:15 pm

dubcity wrote:I've worked on it for a few weeks trying to get it down to 8 bit color for dreambor 6.8.
So if someone who knows palettes better fixes it let me know

FIXED
Removed the T&A photos and logos. Now more family friendly release.
Scenes are optimized.
Opening cinematic now works. It wasn't linked right in text file before.
Converted all audio to .bor format except 2 files still in .ogg format.
Cleaned up all text files and scripts. Scripts now display english on loading screens bars.
deleted all the extra files that aren't used or linked to anything. The final file size changed from 200mb to 135mb.

8bit color palette mean that all the sprites for characters and backgrounds NEED to share the exact same Global palette.
You must create a BIG collage picture with at least one sprite of each character and stage, all with the same background color, then create a palette for that collage and apply it on every sprite for said chars and stages.

Before that ,edit the palette in the sense that the choosed background color stay in the very first color slot.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#44 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Dakangel wrote:
dubcity wrote:I've worked on it for a few weeks trying to get it down to 8 bit color for dreambor 6.8.
So if someone who knows palettes better fixes it let me know

FIXED
Removed the T&A photos and logos. Now more family friendly release.
Scenes are optimized.
Opening cinematic now works. It wasn't linked right in text file before.
Converted all audio to .bor format except 2 files still in .ogg format.
Cleaned up all text files and scripts. Scripts now display english on loading screens bars.
deleted all the extra files that aren't used or linked to anything. The final file size changed from 200mb to 135mb.

8bit color palette mean that all the sprites for characters and backgrounds NEED to share the exact same Global palette.
You must create a BIG collage picture with at least one sprite of each character and stage, all with the same background color, then create a palette for that collage and apply it on every sprite for said chars and stages.

Before that ,edit the palette in the sense that the choosed background color stay in the very first color slot.

Thanks dakangel. I figured you would know. I'll try to work that out this weekend.