Volgarr the Viking CD release for Dreamcast from JoshProd

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Volgarr the Viking CD release for Dreamcast from JoshProd

Post#2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:49 am

Now they're charging for games that have been released for free...

At least it isn't $39.99.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#3 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 am

what a shame selling a free game, paying 20$ for a box and printing..

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#4 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:24 pm

For my opinion i don't have any problem to buy it If JoshProd release it with last updates till 2017/18 and improved graphics and about why to buy this game when i can find it ,download it for free. I believe JoshProd give you the opportunity to have the game complete in box and sell it to you like "official" product but before do that, they need to pay license fee to Crazy Viking Studios as like other games released for Dreamcast.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Assuming the original devs Crazy Viking Studios also get a cut from this deal (which should be obvious but it's a crazy world we live in), the first few comments suddenly sound more like "How dare the devs want to make a bit of money off their own work!".

colgate
Doom

Post#6 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:04 pm

Agreed, maybe 20 bucks is not bad for a official cover, instructions and pressed disc if the devs are getting a slice.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:30 pm

DCGX wrote:Now they're charging for games that have been released for free...

At least it isn't $39.99.

Bro, Crazy Viking Studio gave explicit permission that ANYBODY could charge and make legit copies of the games becasue they were never going to do it, so long as they weren't profiting from it, and only charged for the materials. I was anticipating this since day one and surprised it has taken somebody so long. I don't know how true that is that they aren't making a profit, they would have to be to pay for their troubles. But they gave permission, and people want this. I see no problem with it. I got a GDEMU so my stuff is 100% digital now anyways. But people were literally BEGGING for this when the game came out.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#8 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:54 pm

That is not a bad deal if you want the game. Either you buy it or not. Worth the time to make the artwork, materials, electricity, hardware to make it, time to make it Dreamcast friendly.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#9 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:54 am

Ever since that one German board made their own limited pressed copies I have been eagerly trying to get my hands on a physical edition of Volgarr the Viking. So I'm glad Joshprod is releasing this one.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#10 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:21 pm

why are all the releases that come to dreamcast after its death either a 2d platformer or a 2d shooter? the only exceptions i can think of are games that were in development and scrapped but were resurrected :S