UPDATE Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac NEW LINKS Dreamcast version OpenBorFMV 6.2

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac FIXED Dreamcast version OpenBorFMV 6.2

Post#11 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:59 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:CDDA allows the video to be highest bit rate having no load on the dreamcast cpu.. thats all it's doing..

only if you hardware playing, for example, your RADQuake use software playing ;)

and one moment, you can't read any data from CD when playing CDDA, if you read data CDDA stoped

I understand what your saying im now holding the video in ram and it's working on demul which it did not before.. thanks for helping me think of it.. so a romsdisk limts hq video to about 1 to 2 mins thats enff for a nice intro..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rq8uoy86q ... D.cdi/file new version working on all emulators.. only reading the GDROM for audio video held in system ram.. means not really able to do it your self.. but it'[s working.. i will come up with a user version so you can customize it

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: UPDATE Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac NEW LINKS Dreamcast version OpenBorFMV 6.2

Post#12 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:55 pm

thanks broski

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: UPDATE Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac NEW LINKS Dreamcast version OpenBorFMV 6.2

Post#13 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:34 am

I try with my sd card reader with dreamshell and the game crash after the intro.
Next I want to run it with my dreamshell hdd mod but I need a little more time for convert it.

The result of intro is reaaly awesome !!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:26 am

fafadou wrote:I try with my sd card reader with dreamshell and the game crash after the intro.
Next I want to run it with my dreamshell hdd mod but I need a little more time for convert it.

The result of intro is reaaly awesome !!

If it says this after the intro
Untitled.png

it has not crashed it take a long while to load on a sd card leave it after the intro and it says loading up to 3 mins.. if it gets to the loading screen then it's not crashed yet.. If so i might of not used the sd version of the cdrom code..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:30 am

Intro works very well on real hardware i have my real dreamcast back up and running but the game file loading is bad bad took 20 mins to load the game.. Im sorry i did not test on real hardware but now im.. To load big mods I have made file loading so slow it's silly.. this works on gdemu better.. but on a cdr it's stuiped slow to load the game.. not joking it took 20 mins.. I think i know how to fix this stuiped fools gold developing on an emulator.. Yeah the intro with fmv and cdda now works looks better on a real dreamcast then the emulators.. File loading needs fixing on my last openbor update it's c64 game loading slow like a cassette slow lmao.. back to the drawing board on uncache file loading

Alexislight
minority

Post#16 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:16 pm

yees, it is so so so so slow to start the gameplay, but gameplay run very well. Cutscenes not run well, its play good 1 or 2 second and then stopped for 1 second and so. The music in cutscenes play ok.
i played the game, it is ok, good graphics, good music, but is not my style...

thanks man! i´ll wait the next version.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac FIXED Dreamcast version OpenBorFMV 6.2

Post#17 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:05 pm

fafadou wrote:Those release are absolutly fantastic !!
I play with dreamshell so I can't test the cdda version, but for sure I try the others.
If there is no cdda, there is also the music ?

I have dreamshell too, Which of the files uploded is the best for playing with Dreamshell ?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Can use the same version i posted before for dreamshell this selfboot scrambled and load a bin first then the engine .. first bin is not the engine.. bin that over 1 meg is the one you need to use Just take the bor.pak use the version you had working before on your hd mod.. This for the video uses cdda which is why it crashes on dreamshell