Challenge to all the dev's to make christmas themed games

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Re: Challenge to all the dev's to make christmas themed games

Post#11 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:09 pm

MastaG wrote:There's OpenJazz which you could port to play Jazz Jackrabbit's Holiday Hare :)

OpenJazz could do with some love in general. The existing build has some problems with graphics layering, and lacks sound effects. The one available from DCEvo is based on a 2006 build, but the GitHub page has been updated frequently over the past 15 years, so there's a lot of improvements that could be considered.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:00 pm

WedgeStratos wrote:
MastaG wrote:There's OpenJazz which you could port to play Jazz Jackrabbit's Holiday Hare :)

OpenJazz could do with some love in general. The existing build has some problems with graphics layering, and lacks sound effects. The one available from DCEvo is based on a 2006 build, but the GitHub page has been updated frequently over the past 15 years, so there's a lot of improvements that could be considered.

Ok i have a go at that for you guys it was ported by my freind in the first place and i have all thats needed to build update it..

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#13 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Yeah, especially the music of the Holiday Hare 94 shareware release: https://youtu.be/AOvRF-YSm5o
The soundtrack is still awesome !

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#14 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:48 am

Any picture or video of the game? What are the graphics like so far? I am learning sprite art myself and its fun.

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#15 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:02 am

Jazz is a classic of DOS-era platforming, and one I can definitely suggest. Shareware versions usually consist of either chapter 1, or the Holiday Hare X-mas chapters.

Back to the main topic, given we have Titan IDE, Dolmexica, the Quake ports, etc. I see plenty of avenues, and even ways to kill two birds with one stone. I believe H2H-Xmas works on DCDoom, I just need to not run a demo, and it should be fine. Even something as simple as a Christmas modpack for Quake and Doom I would give gold stars for.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:32 am

I could do radquake gold 5.0 mod christmas game and put christmas music in it lol