Castlevania chronicles dx (DREAMCAST EDTION) (DREAMBOR) with video

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Castlevania chronicles dx (DREAMCAST EDTION) (DREAMBOR) with video

Post#11 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:29 am

Yeah the icons are in a romsdisk because i noticed it was slowing down the main engine loading them each time from the cdr now there held in memory it's super fast for them to change work.. as for megavolt patch in there i dont know this is kos1.1.9 it's built with.. cant remember what i was doing for that last year to make it boot on gdemu have to look.. thanks for trying it .. it really is very fast not all the stable but you can save and get thru it.. very stable on nulldc crashes more on real hardware i think from a cdr because .. some one said they played it right thru on gdemu for hours.. cd audio is still buggy but you can drop to console and map the cd tracks then save the config and the cdda works correct it's a bit of work to do that but it's there for the hardcore fan lol.. cd audio cuts out on levels starts again kinda got piss off at it .. needed a break from quake.. but at times it's racing game fast.. the next thing was geting quake rally that fast so it be fun on radquake did not get around to releasing that as i think people were radquaked out i was lol.. i have a nice game i was working on called white room with new maps looks cell shaded runs super fast :)

gamesreup
killer

Post#12 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:54 am

This one i need to convert the pal as it runs too slow it's on the todo list but it's massive amount of work todo so your not going to get 60fps with this version.. warning

Ghost 1
lithium

Post#14 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:15 am

Hello,

For Castlevania DX LCD, it's playable on pc but how to play with joystick, the menu don't activate for pad. Are there a cdi version for dreamcast ?

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#15 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:02 pm

Ghost 1 wrote:Hello,

For Castlevania DX LCD, it's playable on pc but how to play with joystick, the menu don't activate for pad. Are there a cdi version for dreamcast ?

Did you read first post? It says selfboot CDI right above download link.

rocksscotty
lithium

Post#16 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:51 am

this game on cdr plays great but it crashes every single time on stage 2 not sure why

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:40 pm

rocksscotty wrote:this game on cdr plays great but it crashes every single time on stage 2 not sure why

I show in the video remember to complete the game you have to play it first 1 to 3 then turn it off then 3 to end.. only way

have to reboot and select 3 to end this pretty old now I will have to update ..

I show plays from 1 to 3 then reboot then play 3 to end..

rocksscotty
lithium

Post#18 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:54 am

Oh ok I see I didn’t know that in the video that was the end of stage 3 thought it was stage 2 because it said only the first stage was beaten but you also said you randomized the levels so makes sense. I did what you said and it works until the end thanks for this game plays great on cdr now old version was horrible.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:50 am

rocksscotty wrote:Oh ok I see I didn’t know that in the video that was the end of stage 3 thought it was stage 2 because it said only the first stage was beaten but you also said you randomized the levels so makes sense. I did what you said and it works until the end thanks for this game plays great on cdr now old version was horrible.

Yeah bit of hack work around i will fix it proper one day but when i did this i could not think of a way of making it work since the game is to big to fit into dc ram :)

Glad you got to complete it :)

Need to revist with my new Dreambor update and optimize all the sprites and levels we might get it working with out doing this work around hack..

rocksscotty
lithium

Post#20 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:58 pm

that would be great this one and legacy of dracula are pretty much the best castlevania beats of rage games for the dreamcast. legacy of dracula is awesome but also freezes trying to load into the third level .