Castlevania chronicles dx (DREAMCAST EDTION) (DREAMBOR) with video

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Castlevania chronicles dx (DREAMCAST EDTION) (DREAMBOR) with video

Post#1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:31 am

This has never loaded past level 2 now you can play from level 1 to 3 and then 3 to the end of the game.. you do have to do it in 2 go's because it runs out of ram at level 3 which it use to at level 2 so.. but it's now playable for real :) I got the ram loaded with engine down to 5 meg when the game starts it was at 12 meg when it starts :)
This game has real platforming parts boss battles and is one of the best uses of the openbor engine this game is from 2019 :) Welcome to the Dreamcast version that works for the first time More then 2 levles i promised i would get it playable from the demo version i released so here you go lot of work went into the file orders names and level scripts to get it this far:)

DETAILS:
-faster loading from a cdr 1.40 min it was up to 15m lol
- all files ranamed with out (-) in them a nightmare of work
- Fixed script errors for this version of dreambor
- This version is a hybrid, with levels 1 to 3 then 3 to end
- The screen was set to 4: 3 (320x240) 16 bit
- Unlocked Boss Rush mode
- Fixed some aesthetics of the game
- Enabled the cheats option
- New dreamcast options
- Now using beta version 6.1 of Dreambor update by Ian Micheal

Hope you enjoy it remember to complete the game you have to play it first 1 to 3 then turn it off then 3 to end.. only way :)

Selfboot cdi
https://mega.nz/#!X6YHDYqY!LHQGexgZTu6f ... m4GD-pyQA4

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Castlevania chronicles dx (DREAMCAST EDTION) (DREAMBOR) with video

Post#3 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 pm

thank ya ian

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:27 pm

BRO! OMG thank you so much for completing this! You really went above and beyond the call here mate! Super excited to finally give this thing a full go to completion!

Thanks for finishing this for me, I owe you one dude!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Well it goes a lot futher then it ever did before find any other problems i can split it up again as the 4 to end i went so far but got to tired to see if it makes it to the 100% .. 1 to 3 is far more then it did before 3 to end goes a long way.. boss rush works to see all bosses..

Ripfire
stalker

Post#6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:46 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:25 am

Ripfire wrote:I think he had made a modification of that game for the official OpenBOR for DreamCast a few years ago, anyway good work.

Creo que había hecho una modificación de ese juego para el OpenBOR oficial para DreamCast hace pal' de años, de todos modos buen trabajo.

Official use 8 bit pallet this is 16 :) plus you need the update actionscript for parts to work which it did not have

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:37 am

castlevania ftw

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:41 am

I will make a lite version that is complete able in one go it will have less levels but be complete and you can fight the end level see the credits give me a little time i wanted to show progress from the only version that you could not get past level 2 i will remix the order as well to make it feel very new

i'm Working on it this morning for now this very much gives you a taste of what can be done with openbor on dreamcast .. all credit to the creator of the game .. I'm editing it and optimizing it for dreamcast WE will get a complete version :) It is running on dreambor my update to openbor

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:58 am

ty ian.
off topic...btw radquake 4.9 is fast as hell.
it runs damn good on dc.
i'm running it off sd card, not gdemu.

you scrambled the main bin for radquake 4.9.
i would need to look at the files again.. but, it took me a minute to figure out which bin file was the main executable. (from your 4.9 iso)
once unscrambled simply 8 spots from left CD00 change LBA (A6 00) to boot from sd card reader.

i noticed that megavolt's patch to load homebrew from gdemu (E4 74 5F A0) :TO: (EC 74 5F A0), this hex chain is found many times in your radquake software. This is the first homebrew that I have found that hex chain appear more than once.
maybe this is because you had so many different bin files in the radquake 4.9 version for each resolution, cdda etc?
idk.

also i noticed from your original release in 2004 you do something different currently with the lcd icons?
did you put the files in containers instead of loading from a folder or something?
i've been going through many dc games, and homebrew and making sdiso versions.
so i am viewing alot of plain files.