Guardian Heroes Heaven or hell Dreambor NEW game

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Guardian Heroes Heaven or hell Dreambor NEW game

Post#1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:15 pm

I have taken guardian heroes warpath mod and edited it to a new game called guardian heroes Heaven or hell..

Were you have to win and beat the warriors of heaven or the warriors of hell it's a complete game each chapter can be won and completed :)
if you chose to battle heaven you carve out a bit of hell for your self it has the ending.. If you battle hell you become an angel of god's warriors
When you challenge hell you even get a npc that fights with you for a level :) i have worked with in the limits of the dreamcasts memory but this has some of the best 2d grafix you will see in a homebrew game on the challenge hell level hope you enjoy:)

Youtube video of battling hell on real hardware

Youtbe video of battling heaven on real hardware

This is a complete rework of burn kings release guardian heroes warpath credit to him for the game to edit and pierwolf
DETAILS:
-faster loading from a cdr 2.20 min it was up to 15m lol
- all files renamed with out (-) in them a nightmare of work (again)
-Complete new levels remixed and ordered for this version
- Fixed script errors for this version of dreambor that crashed it when it loaded
- This version is a hybrid, with 2 chapters heaven or hell and Bonus chapter castle :)
- The screen was set to 4: 3 (320x240) 16 bit
- Fixed Memory use for my version of the game
- Enabled the cheats option( you might need them )
- New dreamcast options
- Now using beta version 6.1 of Dreambor update by Ian Micheal

Each chapter you have to reboot to play each to the end so each you play 1 one at a time right thru then play the other i have done 2 youtube videos on real hardware to show you both chapters :) You have to do this with the castle level as well from a fresh reboot to give the most amount of memory..

This version 1 only has AXE one char is used because of memory limits if you wanted some other char's i would have to make a new version with each char.. sorry but they take to much memory each chapter has 3 levels and a massive boss fight so 6 in all for the main part with added boss fight and endings .. then the castle level which looks fantastic but is a work in progress might run out of memory i have not fully tested it.. but only start the castle chapter from a fresh reboot :) thats it for this version

Selfboot cdi
https://mega.nz/#!q75zjSTR!4WmWInH8Jfbv ... d_U3hu6VZY

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Guardian Heroes Heaven or hell Dreambor NEW VERSION 1

Post#2 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Thanks for getting this working on the system! Looking forward to what else you can come up with or port! I would love to see if more OBOR mods that are like brand new Metal Slug games could be ported. I seen a few Metal Slug mods done over the years.

There is Metal Slug Resistance, would be great to see a more updated port of this to the latest OBOR engine with all the enhancements and performance updates you have introduced.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Guardian Heroes Heaven or hell Dreambor NEW VERSION 1

Post#3 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Thanks for getting this working on the system! Looking forward to what else you can come up with or port! I would love to see if more OBOR mods that are like brand new Metal Slug games could be ported. I seen a few Metal Slug mods done over the years.

There is Metal Slug Resistance, would be great to see a more updated port of this to the latest OBOR engine with all the enhancements and performance updates you have introduced.

Really possible to mod some of the newer ones get some sort of game even if it's in chapters :) Framerate is playble not the best but yeah when i get to optimizing the math in openbor engine to suit the dreamcast we might see some real improvement :)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Guardian Heroes Heaven or hell Dreambor NEW game

Post#4 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Sweet! Maybe that is the key to more responsive controls like he mentioned in the video above, it had not the best controls. You even had to do some strange button combo whilst jumping to get a grenade to throw.

KmusDC
fire

Re: Guardian Heroes Heaven or hell Dreambor NEW game

Post#5 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:51 am

Thank you for your friendly work and for sharing these things. Here's a demo of the game running on a Dreamcast with DreamShell via SDcard.

I'll leave a guide on how to convert that game into a DreamShell / RetroDream compatible ISO image: https://bit.ly/2CP4HKm