Post#11 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:11 am

Cave Story ( J ) Cover
Attachments
cavestoryIMRTech.png

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Cave Story 2017 build [CDDA][CDI][SB] MUSIC FIXED

Post#12 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:09 pm

dark wrote:Any idea if this version of the nxengine port allows you to complete Cave Story? When I was following it prior to 2017, it seemed a lot of progress was made on this DC port, but it was not possible to complete the entire game.

iirc i have completed a previous release of this one, at time
i should still have saves on vmu, i remember was with standard (and stuttering) audio yet, not cdda
must recheck in my vmu's

too bad i can't re-play this one atm, with Demul or NullDC
seems savings does not work in both :(

zychion
rebel

Post#13 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:23 pm

I've got an IDE mod but it won't even boot up with CDDA emulation off. I've repacked your CDI over a dozen times and it just refuses to boot.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:30 pm

kremiso wrote:
dark wrote:Any idea if this version of the nxengine port allows you to complete Cave Story? When I was following it prior to 2017, it seemed a lot of progress was made on this DC port, but it was not possible to complete the entire game.

i should still have saves on vmu, i remember was with standard (and stuttering) audio yet, not cdda
must recheck in my vmu's

Saving works on hardware

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm

zychion wrote:I've got an IDE mod but it won't even boot up with CDDA emulation off. I've repacked your CDI over a dozen times and it just refuses to boot.

You have to change the memory address to boot on ide never used one..

whole port was made to be run from a cdi

megavolt85
Developer

Post#16 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:44 pm

zychion wrote:I've got an IDE mod but it won't even boot up with CDDA emulation off. I've repacked your CDI over a dozen times and it just refuses to boot.

man it's homebrew, for run any hombrew on DreamShell need open image in HEX editor and replace all value E4 74 5F A0 to EC 74 5F A0

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#17 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:48 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:

must recheck in my vmu's

Saving works on hardware

you know, i have a theory about this issue on emulators
VERY similar to ScummDC saves with NullDC, and both are indeed developed using libronin
so prolly it's just an unimplemented feature, i guess
due the fact that libronin was less mainstream, then and now

--- EDIT ---
randomly find, just tested a previous release (1.0.0.4), and the save works with Demul :shock:
i can test this one lol

zychion
rebel

Post#18 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:48 am

megavolt85 wrote:

man it's homebrew, for run any hombrew on DreamShell need open image in HEX editor and replace all value E4 74 5F A0 to EC 74 5F A0

I'd already done that and it would not work in Dreamshell. I'd tried converting it to a GDI, ISO also and none of them have booted. Also, tonight I tried again just hex editing Ian Michaels CDI and it would still not boot. It reset the Dreamcast.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#19 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:55 am

zychion wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:

I'd already done that and it would not work in Dreamshell. I'd tried converting it to a GDI, ISO also and none of them have booted. Also, tonight I tried again just hex editing Ian Michaels CDI and it would still not boot. It reset the Dreamcast.

SourceForge still has the repository of this engine port, also the previous releases
there are sd versions too (plainfiles) :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nxdc/files/old/

maybe it's possible start from these ones, and try to inject only the later changes ?

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#20 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:27 am

just completed the game, 1.0.0.4 version + Demul
bad ending confirmed working, trying some better one atm

no real issues so far :)