Dreamshell RADquake5.0 final With video and Commentary download

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Dreamshell RADquake5.0 final With video and Commentary download

Post#11 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:02 am

damn anthony i just started using sd adapter this year lol you are always up to date on all the dc stuff bro.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:08 am

SMiTH wrote:damn anthony i just started using sd adapter this year lol you are always up to date on all the dc stuff bro.

Well I had one about 10 years ago when they first came out. It was THE thing to use at the time for playing games other than disc. I haven't had one since 2012(a guy I knew insisted on trading me a Saturn for the device! WTF right?), but I know how they work. ;)

That was when the SD adapters were SUPER hard to get and only came from China. He also lived in Texas and wanted it. So he said to him it was worth it. I told him I felt bad about it but he insisted. :?

I also didn't get a GDEMU until 2018 until the clones released for cheap. But yes I was on top of that right when they came out as far as the clones were concerned. :lol:

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:54 am

Well seems dreamshell will only load a bin named 1st_read.bin hardcoded i load a bin from a bin with out those names

Well for somethings sd card is better then a gdemu it has faster multi reads and not only 1 places at time so dreambor is very fast beats loading from the gdrom or cdr hands down

Did a video demo of this multi random reads all at the same time cant be done on a gdemu

Roz
photon blast

Post#14 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:36 am

Anthony817 wrote:Could this be because you are trying to load it from the SD adapter mod? Or is this just inherent to Dreamshell? I will admit I haven't used Dreamshell to play games from SD adapter since 2012(Don't have SD adapter anymore), so not sure about how it is now. Would it still not work with the IDE mod?

Works for me. Conversion in ISO and modify 1st_read.bin (homebrew in HDD)

megavolt85
Developer

Post#16 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:15 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Well seems dreamshell will only load a bin named 1st_read.bin hardcoded i load a bin from a bin with out those names

no, DreamShell get name from IP.BIN

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:55 am

Well i load bin to bin so once it loads the first bin it does not load the next with not the same name as the ip.bin thats what I'm talking about

went me to send you a simple test to show what i'm talking about i can :) works fine on cdr or gdemu not on dreamshell sd card also does a disk change detect

megavolt85
Developer

Post#18 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:40 am

Change CD don't supported in DS
only last loader 0.7.0 b3 have special API for change CD, i'm hack D2 for auto change image

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:59 am

megavolt85 wrote:Change CD don't supported in DS
only last loader 0.7.0 b3 have special API for change CD, i'm hack D2 for auto change image

Well thats the problem then why it does not work thank you might be able to mod radquake not to need it