6 New games from Joshprod

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Woodneeded
undertow

Re: 6 New games from Joshprod

Post#11 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:54 pm

Has there been a status update on Arcade Racing legends release?

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#12 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:17 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:Everyone always complains about prices like they're experts on all aspects of how much things cost to produce and *gasp* heaven forbid someone sells something above cost to make a bit of profit and ensure they're not taking a loss on unsold stock! 35 Euros doesn't seem like extortion to me.

If you want to complain about all these "new" releases just being ports of average games, go ahead. I know I haven't really been too excited.

We've gone over this before, but I guess we'll go over it again. It's not about them making a profit (obviously they have to), and I think there are other DC devs on this board that can attest to cost, it's that JoshProd is simply trying to take advantage of the collector community and therein by setting a bad precedent.

Many of these games, especially the Neo Geo ports, are not ported well. They gave specific reasons why before, and I don't doubt those, but it's still releasing an inferior product. These $5-6 games on Steam are just nothing to write home about. They are serviceable at best, and I can't imagine they're paying much in the way of license or distribution fee since the dev is probably getting a fix cut or percentage for either units sold or the print run as a whole.

The price is more of an insult than anything else, because high quality games, built for the DC rather than simply ported, can and have cost comparably or less. I am genuinely curious why JoshProd released 'Volgarr' at and is $20. If the devs had a say in price possibly and/or because the game had CD-I/ISO versions already released?

Basically, JoshProd feels like a shovelware publisher, but backwards by demanding a premium price. It feels like they don't really care outside of just pumping out mediocrity (I haven't counted how many DC games they've published, but they seem to be rivaling SEGA and Capcom with releases) to make money.

Of course, if people just didn't pay these prices, this probably wouldn't be an issue (and people might not be, seeing as JoshProd releases are always in stock everywhere with few exceptions).

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Nigga fuck this JoshProd (@ing rev0 enthusiasts primarlists xD)

I spawning words now assa late COPYRIIIIIGHTz0rz

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#14 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:45 am

Gigantic Army looks decent. The rest are a hard pass for me. It's not about the pricing, its about quality. I'll pay good money for a good quality game. If these games were getting released on the Saturn/Genesis I think they would get more respect, but the DC homebrew/indie scene has done so much better in the past. Most of the Joshprod ports might be good I just have zero interest. Like that Alice game, could be fun but it should be on 8/16 bit consoles, not the Dreamcast.

Thankfully we still have some really serious indie devs on Dreamcast. Quality over quantity.
Really looking foward to Senile Teams Intrepid Izzy and and Duraniks next game.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#15 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:37 pm

The game is being announced years ago! I do not know why, maybe is about money or time...
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:26 am

The Volgaar devs said anybody could produce physical copies of the game to cover cost of production and not for profit. They already signed off for propel to have the physical version made if any company wanted to. There are collectors out there who just like nice pressed versions of games.

I am of the school of thought that the more games we get the better. If you don't like it, then that is your opinion that you are entitled to. Simply vote with your wallet.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#17 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:48 am

Alice's Mom's Rescue and Alice sisters are done for genesis.
if joshprod release them on dreamcast it's a choice like xeno crisis developers did.
And at least it's original games made by Orion.

Building a .cdi from your original homebrew cd is easy use discjuggler to build a cdi but yes you have to open your cd box. I guess they try to minimise the number of isos available on internet.
For xeno crisis you could find the iso the day after the release while some joshprod games are still nowhere to be download (or else tell me where I can find "finding teddy" please ^^)

I didn't know about racing pro, I know they used the poor 4x4jam engine. But they've done some works, I play the demo and see the last pictures with glass effect.
I buy the games that I thought they support good quality and improvements.
But I'm agree with you all the poor 2D shoot sending 35€ is clearly too much.
And I still do not understand why they don't send empty gd storage, they told me they can't build more, but they found a way for released volgar fastly and as DCGX says, volgar costs 20€...

For me, it's not necessary to boycott but simply buy the games that deserve it for you and of course that you'll enjoy to play with (they are few for me especially at those prices) and not for collection or for hoping more quality dreamcast games.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#18 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:52 am

They deserve 50% of the price for some of the at max according to me.
Fafadou, although it looks like they used the 4x4jam engine, it is rather an enhanced port of that game
https://appadvice.com/game/app/racing-pro/583641493
Same tracks, I have it on my mobile

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:13 am

I can say one thing any new game for sale gives a opinion right or wrong the dreamcasts not dead the normal non sega fan takes a look .. ie youtubers talking about new games etc ..

This can be bad and good... but the amount of draw of new people to system due to seeing this type of thing new blood you cant put a price on..a lot people dont know there is free homebrew at all.. we live in our own bubble.. also lot people dont know what a dreamcast is..

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#20 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:31 am

I've burnt dos two of these n nope only on my Sega Sports secondary do they boot