The Vengance of Kyo (DreamBOR) [Dreamshell HDD-SD] Download!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

The Vengance of Kyo (DreamBOR) [Dreamshell HDD-SD] Download!

Post#1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:28 am

The Vengance of Kyo (DreamBOR) [Dreamshell HDD-SD]

A beat em up OpenBOR game, playable in Dreamcast console thanks to DreamBOR Engine. Very similar to The Return of Kyo mod, this is another entusiastic beat Em Up for those who loves SNK characters fighting in the streets of rage. can choose three characters. Playability: 8 Graphics: 8. Joy: 8
The game is in ISO file to play with Dreamshell HDD or SD card.
DreamBOR engine designed by Ian Micheal
Covers and testing in Dreamshell by me
The game was tested in a real Dreamcast with Dreamshell with HDD and works fine!
Dreamshell/RetroDream presets: By default except OS: Homebrew
Remember heavy OpenBOR games takes time to start, just wait and enjoy!

cover dreamshell 256x256
The Vengance of Kyo (DreamBOR).jpg
The Vengance of Kyo (DreamBOR).jpg (40.46 KiB) Viewed 9168 times

cover Alt
The Vengance of Kyo (DreamBOR) [Alt].jpg
The Vengance of Kyo (DreamBOR) [Alt].jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 9168 times

Temporary Link: https://mega.nz/file/PTgXgCjI#tHfvVcvq6 ... ozI-8_LDs0
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Keith Courage
rebel

Re: The Vengance of Kyo (DreamBOR) [Dreamshell HDD-SD] Download!

Post#2 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:29 pm

So I tested this game out last night using the Serial SD adapter and it took forever to load. I know the serial adapter is slow but this was like waiting for a Tape cassette of Zaxxon to load on a Radio Shack Tandy Color computer. It was at least 5 minutes to get to the title screen and then another 5 minutes to get to the first stage.

I also noticed that while loading, music was trying to play at the same time, maybe the music playing at the same time is making it too difficult to load the game.

I have no issues with other Open Bor games on the serial SD adapter.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:34 pm

Keith Courage wrote:So I tested this game out last night using the Serial SD adapter and it took forever to load. I know the serial adapter is slow but this was like waiting for a Tape cassette of Zaxxon to load on a Radio Shack Tandy Color computer. It was at least 5 minutes to get to the title screen and then another 5 minutes to get to the first stage.

I also noticed that while loading, music was trying to play at the same time, maybe the music playing at the same time is making it too difficult to load the game.

Simple not unpacked i have gone thru this a lot in topics i could fix the above to load in 10 secs not using my latest Dreambor which is my project what this is called now..

It's not the serial port reader it's faster then gdemu loading my engine this just not made correct.. check date 2020 can find many proper optimized in the forum

Keith Courage
rebel

Post#4 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:58 pm

Thanks for the reply. I figured there wasn't something right bout it. Just wanted to point it out in case people didn't know.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#5 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:46 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Keith Courage wrote:So I tested this game out last night using the Serial SD adapter and it took forever to load. I know the serial adapter is slow but this was like waiting for a Tape cassette of Zaxxon to load on a Radio Shack Tandy Color computer. It was at least 5 minutes to get to the title screen and then another 5 minutes to get to the first stage.

Simple not unpacked i have gone thru this a lot in topics i could fix the above to load in 10 secs not using my latest Dreambor which is my project what this is called now..

It's not the serial port reader it's faster then gdemu loading my engine this just not made correct.. check date 2020 can find many proper optimized in the forum

In HDD works faster than 5 mins! But if you can fix the pack It would be good and maybe possible to add some enhance mod in sounds and graphics like I did in Beats of Rage Black version
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:11 pm

There is a bunch of missing files when it loads and over 2 to 3 meg gif intros not optimized when it loads levels which is why it was also in big bor.pak as well so total redo i do few hours work on it

Unlock the modes it have vmu saving and rumble pack dreambor 7.1 is also a 60fps on games like this 8 month a head development..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:10 am

Beats of rage is not Dreambor or openbor anymore

Dreambor is optimized openbor compatible engine with vmu saving rumble pak and 60fps on 8bit pal games =256 colors
so more then megadrive it can do 16bit millions and 32bit but that takes to much cpu time to convert but it can
i started work on this when the official team dropped all dreamcast support left us with pile of dog crap..

If you do not unpack the bor.pak to data it will take 10mins to 5 mins to load This will take up to 20mins on cdr

Got nothing to do with the serial port reader .. which is 4x cdrom speed 2x faster then ps1 cdrom drive.. but with no seek time..

Now loader in 9 sec to the menu 18 into game .. I have optimized it a lot but not fully to do things like that takes months it does play on dreamshell retrodream now very fast loading faster then gdemu or cdr..

My engine is optimized for sd card reader it's the fastest loading it's not slow it's 4x cd speed 600kb a sec but fast many files at once seek speed so for this much faster then a cdr or gdemu that's limited to 8 file read a head.. just simple stuff really..

Game may crash or run out ram this good start for anyone wanting to fully fix the game every char would need to be optimized and background panels runs 60fps optimizing would be for ram use..
Dramshel iso The Vengance of Kyo https://mega.nz/file/OvowmTJB#SWh3c5Keq ... R8ATYDByxo Fixed loading
Works watch the video below running on dreamshell.. Retro dream same thing same loaders..

Video showing it load after 3 hours work..

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#9 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:53 am

Ian Micheal wrote:

Beats of rage is not Dreambor or openbor anymore

Dreambor is optimized openbor compatible engine with vmu saving rumble pak and 60fps on 8bit pal games =256 colors
so more then megadrive it can do 16bit millions and 32bit but that takes to much cpu time to convert but it can
i started work on this when the official team dropped all dreamcast support left us with pile of dog crap..

If you do not unpack the bor.pak to data it will take 10mins to 5 mins to load This will take up to 20mins on cdr

Got nothing to do with the serial port reader .. which is 4x cdrom speed 2x faster then ps1 cdrom drive.. but with no seek time..

Now loader in 9 sec to the menu 18 into game .. I have optimized it a lot but not fully to do things like that takes months it does play on dreamshell retrodream now very fast loading faster then gdemu or cdr..

My engine is optimized for sd card reader it's the fastest loading it's not slow it's 4x cd speed 600kb a sec but fast many files at once seek speed so for this much faster then a cdr or gdemu that's limited to 8 file read a head.. just simple stuff really..

Game may crash or run out ram this good start for anyone wanting to fully fix the game every char would need to be optimized and background panels runs 60fps optimizing would be for ram use..
Dramshel iso The Vengance of Kyo https://mega.nz/file/OvowmTJB#SWh3c5Keq ... R8ATYDByxo Fixed loading
Works watch the video below running on dreamshell.. Retro dream same thing same loaders..

Video showing it load after 3 hours work..

So, what you did is:
1.Unpack in Data
2.Mod the music simultaneous load (How?)
3.Mod the menu in stages because of RAM (How?)
4.update DreamBOR engine

If you like write me p.m., sure I'm lacking one software to do the things that it takes to mod, I was modding time ago Final Fight Gold but gave up because of loading troubles
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-