Homebrew Spotlight Port of VVVVVV to DREAMCAST by GUSARBA With video and download NEW VERSION

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Homebrew Spotlight Port of VVVVVV to DREAMCAST by GUSARBA With video and download NEW VERSION

Post#11 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:12 pm

willis wrote:I would also go for the cdi if possible.

However I don't mind converting it myself, what's the best method for mdf to cdi?

Mount with Daemon tools then open with Disc Juggler. then save new image with disc juggler

willis
letterbomb

Re: Homebrew Spotlight Port of VVVVVV to DREAMCAST by GUSARBA With video and download NEW VERSION

Post#12 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:21 pm

dubcity wrote:Mount with Daemon tools then open with Disc Juggler. then save new image with disc juggler

Thank you dub

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#13 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:24 pm

you're welcome

willis
letterbomb

Post#15 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:20 am

Got it to convert to cdi, so all good!

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#16 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:50 am

something retro style, as i like :)
Ian, i'm having a double screen effect running it via emulators, similar to the original uae4all
it is due to the double buffer also here?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:14 am

kremiso wrote:something retro style, as i like :)
Ian, i'm having a double screen effect running it via emulators, similar to the original uae4all

Yes the game needs double buffer to work .. Older emulators dont support DMA double buffer..

Demul works it fine 0.7
Unlike somethings if i was to make a build with this turned off the game would not function you have no back buffer see none of the front screen..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#18 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:34 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:something retro style, as i like :)

Yes the game needs double buffer to work .. Older emulators dont support DMA double buffer..

Demul works it fine 0.7
Unlike somethings if i was to make a build with this turned off the game would not function you have no back buffer see none of the front screen..

got it, so here is using the double buffer in the right way, you need both :)
apart this, the game is cool indeed, i don't know why but i presume watching this with that old 3d glasses (red/blue),
should have a great effect...
yes, i'm old :lol:

marcosmoutta
lithium

Post#19 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:50 am

willis wrote:I would also go for the cdi if possible.

However I don't mind converting it myself, what's the best method for mdf to cdi?

AFAIK mdf files are proprietary to alcohol120, couldn't burn them with imgburn

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#20 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:48 pm

Randomly found, the previous release (0.1) works on NullDC :D

V.png

i love this world