The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

galaxygod
core

Re: The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Post#101 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:39 am

at this point im pretty sure you cant get past the master fight. ive been working at it for a good hour and havent gotten it to not lock up completely every time

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#102 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:30 pm

galaxygod wrote:at this point im pretty sure you cant get past the master fight. ive been working at it for a good hour and havent gotten it to not lock up completely every time

I'm pretty sure your right the wierd or odd problem with controls i know why lol

Hope mrneo240 can pull this from the dumpster fire

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#103 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:33 pm

sgmx wrote:Hmm I just tried the game I like it actually, a few cons though:
it is just a pity for these bugs..
Loadings are quite long..
It seems the pad has priority over the Keyboard so if you boot the console with both you’ll be forced to play with the pad.
I know we are an exception but Sadly french keyboard (azerty) is not detected :(

Strange « thanks to the game » I have discovered when plugging my QWERTY keyboard that my Y and Z letters have switched :(
I know this could happen on PC if US keyboard is not listed in Text Services.. but on Dreamcast ? How come this is possible ? If anyone has any idea and if there is a way to fix it..

That's a functons of chui's SDL plug a pad in always has prioity over the keyboard if you have both connected like that red flag give away..

It effects all of chui's ports the exact same so i would guess this using his old SDL if so they should contacted me i have sdl_dreamhal which has 2x faster blitspeed ..

galaxygod
core

Post#104 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:26 pm

so headup games deleted their tweet addressing the textorcist issues, seems to me theyre just forgetting about this one and hoping we all just deal with it, i never even got a response from them about my innitial issues with the game.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#105 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:34 pm

That's messed up. They could have at least fixed the problems and offered a new cdi copy of the game. I hope they aren't still trying to sell this in online stores. Not cool to let people buy a broken game. That's predatory and gives Dreamcast homebrew/indie scene a bad rep.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#106 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:49 pm

So this game can't even be completed if skipping dialog? My game is still sealed. The discs are bumping around, bit still sealed. I'm not sure what to do with it now.

galaxygod
core

Post#107 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:03 pm

DCGX wrote:So this game can't even be completed if skipping dialog? My game is still sealed. The discs are bumping around, bit still sealed. I'm not sure what to do with it now.

the 3rd 4th and 5th fight can be played by skipping the diologue but once you hit the 6th fight the game completely soft locks. like the fight sequence doesnt begin corectly and the game either crashes or starts going crazy like the bosses health bar goes all the way to the top of the screen then down to zero and back up to full lol i spent probably 2-3 hours trying different things to get the fight sequence to work correctly, i tried diferent dreamcasts, restarting/retrying, different controllers, different controller ports, multiple controllers, i replayed the whole game up to that fight twice, the same thing happens every time. and if the 6th fight is so broken i couldnt imagine how the next 4 fights are looking

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#108 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:05 pm

galaxygod wrote:
DCGX wrote:So this game can't even be completed if skipping dialog? My game is still sealed. The discs are bumping around, bit still sealed. I'm not sure what to do with it now.

the 3rd 4th and 5th fight can be played by skipping the diologue but once you hit the 6th fight the game completely soft locks. like the fight sequence doesnt begin corectly and the game either crashes or starts going crazy like the bosses health bar goes all the way to the top of the screen then down to zero and back up to full lol i spent probably 2-3 hours trying different things to get the fight sequence to work correctly, i tried diferent dreamcasts, restarting/retrying, different controllers, different controller ports, multiple controllers, i replayed the whole game up to that fight twice, the same thing happens every time. and if the 6th fight is so broken i couldnt imagine how the next 4 fights are looking

Refunds should be given this is just faulty should have to skip anything why that's ok when paying this sort of money .. And people complain more if i put out free homebrew with even half these faults

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#109 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:01 pm

I can't imagine they refund people.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#110 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Holy fuck.

I don't see them refunding people either. I don't think they have the money. But good god, how does this happen? It's not even a bug under special circumstances, it's just the game being played normally.

Edit: This should also be removed from sale from Game Fairy's website. They have to know they're selling a broken product.