Gold Lion

Re: The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Post#171 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:01 am

Still no news from my side...

Danny Boy
shadow

Post#172 » Wed May 11, 2022 6:12 pm

Got my version today, threw away my old disc and ready for a game. Still too many load screens but the time seems slightly reduced and my Dreamcast doesn’t sound like it’s having a cardiac arrest loading them up.

On the bad side near the beginning of the game and where I had to go on the net to research Morbid Wars the game froze after reading the dialogue that proceeded it. Would be cool to know if anyone else had that issue.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#173 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:12 pm

Danny Boy wrote:Got my version today, threw away my old disc and ready for a game. Still too many load screens but the time seems slightly reduced and my Dreamcast doesn’t sound like it’s having a cardiac arrest loading them up.

On the bad side near the beginning of the game and where I had to go on the net to research Morbid Wars the game froze after reading the dialogue that proceeded it. Would be cool to know if anyone else had that issue.

Well yeah they dont listen or test on hardware i had the new build and it freezes as well but anyways.. There was never a problem with the disk it was pressed on what they said made it sound like that while port is just not optimized uses files over and over and gets memory fragment freeing and loading till it crashes..

Just bad way of making a game for dreamcast in the first place..

What does it take to own a real dreamcast and not use dc emulators for testing before pressing a disk

Roel
Developer

Post#174 » Thu May 12, 2022 3:24 am

Ian Micheal wrote:What does it take to own a real dreamcast and not use dc emulators for testing before pressing a disk

Common sense.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#175 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:31 am

Danny Boy wrote:...On the bad side near the beginning of the game and where I had to go on the net to research Morbid Wars the game froze after reading the dialogue that proceeded it. Would be cool to know if anyone else had that issue.

if confirmed, that's a really bad news
inconceivable a freeze, expecially near the beginning, after all the crap already happened :(

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#176 » Thu May 12, 2022 1:24 pm

I still haven't gotten my replacement, though I think it's left Europe, but if issues like this are still happening, then I guess I'm not buying from dev's DC ports and/or Game Fairy DC releases going forward.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#177 » Thu May 12, 2022 1:37 pm

DCGX wrote:I still haven't gotten my replacement, though I think it's left Europe, but if issues like this are still happening, then I guess I'm not buying from dev's DC ports and/or Game Fairy DC releases going forward.

Well this is Game Fairy DC problem

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#178 » Thu May 12, 2022 1:42 pm

I finally received the e-mail.
But there is still have the shopping payment !?
It's the same for you ?

SpaceHoliday
dark night

Post#179 » Thu May 12, 2022 1:55 pm

fafadou wrote:I finally received the e-mail.
But there is still have the shopping payment !?
It's the same for you ?

You need to go here: https://gamefairy.io/product/the-textorcist-replacement-disc-order-form/ and use code SHIPTXTFREE when you checkout.
Visit The Dreamcast Junkyard: http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk

galaxygod
core

Post#180 » Thu May 12, 2022 10:04 pm

nervous about getting this on monday, i wont mind skipping the diologue if i can get through the game but we'll see i guess