DREAMHEXEN CDDA STEREO BETA 1 Update New port

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ZTylerDurden
lithium

Re: New port of Hexen to dreamcast by my self WIP

Post#21 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:18 pm

It's all relative hope you understand you're really talented and your contributions are excellent.

willis
letterbomb

Post#22 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:59 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I need a beta tester with mouse and keyboard please let me know as i dont have ether any more and have to use demul to do testing now.. Not always the best idea till i get functional dc controls with the controller

Ian, sign me up

I've got both keyboard and mouse ready to go. I'm in, just let me know what I need to to my friend

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#23 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:20 am

I can try some stuff out if necessary. Ive got a kb/mouse

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:55 am

Major break thru for me hexen now working on hardware thank@kazade for your help and@mrneo240 for telling me about sh-elf-addr2line i went thru by hand aligned all memory and others things it now is working perfect on hardware :slight_smile: you cant believe how happy I'm this port kicked my ass for many many days of frustration full steam ahead

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#25 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:43 am

WIP now working on real hardware all base porting of unaligned memory reads fixed :)

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#26 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:58 am

Many congrats Ian !

Is there a new download link ?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:29 am

fafadou wrote:Many congrats Ian !

Is there a new download link ?

No download link for right now but it will not be long for an alpha test for people getting it to run just on a real dreamcast drove me to point of wanting to give up or go mad

first port worked perfect on nulldc but crashed and would not run on hardware..

progress is now proper ported base
todo now is redo the sound code again for sfx
cdda code and or ogg support ? might slow it way to much but would let sd card user on dreamshell have music..

not to keen on midi music soundtrack..

controls for dc
vmu compressed saving

Opengl render version test..

right now starting behind because of how much work i had to do to get it to work on real hardware so.. i have to redo all the sound code again cdda code etc..

still very happy once at this point for me it's a clear path to getting a nice complete port of hexen hacked advanced this loads other things and is much more complex features then bero's old port it's based on 2008 upgraded hexen engine ...:)

Dont want to rush ahead but heretic will be next after this is complete.. i have that running from last year but i wanted to do this one first..

Vill22
core

Post#28 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:55 am

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#29 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:26 am

Vill22 wrote:https://twitter.com/TheDCJunkyard/status/1369270076885581827

Thanks for the twitter post :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#30 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:16 am

Oh Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel add on now working on this port :)
hhexd.jpg

Code: Select all

Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel is the only official expansion pack for Hexen: Beyond Heretic. It was released on January 1, 1996. The game features 26 new levels; 20 new single player maps spread across 3 hubs and 6 new deathmatch maps. It also includes the v1.1 patch for the original Hexen.

Deathkings starts off where the original Hexen story left off. Having discovered the Chaos Sphere after the death of Korax, the sphere whisks the heroes away to the Realm of the Dead, and they must find their way home. Getting back will not be easy, though, for the way is blocked by the Dark Citadel. (The storyline behind the expansion therefore seems similar to episodes four and five of Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders.)
Attachments
hhexd2.jpg