Millennium racer

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Millennium racer

Post#1 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:07 pm

Does anyone have the cdi to this? Thanks :)
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Millennium racer

Post#2 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:15 pm

I do, but right now it is Dreamcast-Live night, so i will do what I can after online day is over.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

DarkVampire295
photon blast

Post#3 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:19 pm

Thank you Bob
Twitter @WayneBurke32

Best of luck, DV

Absurd
undertow

Post#4 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:10 pm

https://mega.nz/file/ywVTEIbR#ghQsFXXHq ... Yx_tUVOzLc

Not my rip, mega link was found in a 4 year old Eurogamer story. File extracts to a 445MB CDI. Here's the accompanying read me, hope this helps.

Millennium Racer - Y2K Fighters
millracers.cdi - 468 megabytes
md5sum - c87249a6140a23d492ceaa405f37e2fb
selfboot image by darc

In March 2017, Kuririn84 found this previously unreleased game on a Dreamcast developer's kit. He contacted japanese_cake to create a working copy of the game, and thanks to their work we are now able to play this game today. japanese_cake released a well-made GDI version of the game, and for that we are eternally grateful. However, since GDI dumps are only able to be played on emulators and special devices, I decided to make a selfbooting DiscJuggler Mil-CD version for the community to enjoy. Have fun!

Game notes:
Published by Cryo Interactive Entertainment
Developed by Creat Studio, LLC
Released for PC in 1999, unreleased on the Dreamcast
Genre - Racing / Driving, Sports
Perspective - 1st-person, Behind view
Gameplay - Arcade
Vehicular - Motorcycle
Setting - Sci-Fi / Futuristic

Millennium Racer is a 3D racing game set in the 3rd millennium. Race virtual bikes on multi-level tracks in a virtual world set in the Internet to a background of techno music.

Choose your player’s look including color and face type or use your own picture. There are eight different bike colors to choose from and four different engine types from fast with no grip to tight grip and good acceleration.

Arcade mode offers three tracks (at first) to race on each one having different levels on which to race with which you have to jump up on to reach. The higher levels having a faster track called superconductor, which allows the player a boost in speed. Your bikes are equipped with boosters, which are filled up by jumping through rings and can be activated at any time.

There are two different championship levels to choose from, easy – 5 laps with for AI players with average skills and professional – 7 laps with seven AI players with high skills. In each race you receive points for coming in 1st, 2nd or 3rd and even additional points for time distance between you and the player in front of you. Each new track requires a certain point total to be unlocked.

After unlocking tracks in championship mode you can race on them in Arcade or create a custom race by choosing laps (3, 5 or 7), number of AI opponents and the list of player profiles (Player Ghost – each player can record how they raced a particular track and mode and save it to a separate file. This can then be used as an opponent in a race). You can race on the real life Internet with seven other players in multiplayer mode.

[Note that online play is absent from the Dreamcast version, sadly]

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:55 pm

Regards,
Bob Dobbs

beanboy
Wazza

Post#6 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:15 pm

I definitely have to check out this game soon.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#7 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:41 pm

Bé sure the cdda are in the cdi.