Andro Dunos II - New DC Game 2021

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Andro Dunos II - New DC Game 2021

Post#11 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:33 am

Ian Micheal wrote:...Yeah it was because it's running on old emulator this type of stuff should be free i see no why you pay for something that runs on aes4all with a few hacks..

well, if this is confirmed, it should be illegal also

they could at least sell the .aes file alone at symbolic price lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:41 am

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:...Yeah it was because it's running on old emulator this type of stuff should be free i see no why you pay for something that runs on aes4all with a few hacks..

well, if this is confirmed, it should be illegal also

they could at least sell the .aes file alone at symbolic price lol

They own the copy right to some of these so it's not illegal these are just roms running on emulator nothing to confirm

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#13 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:47 am

Ian Micheal wrote:They own the copy right to some of these so it's not illegal these are just roms running on emulator nothing to confirm

I really don’t mind paying a reasonable price for stuff like that. You know I’ve always been the first to buy almost any indie release or project to support the scene, but over the last 2 or 3 years it has gotten seriously out of hand in terms of quality. Some people will literally release anything coz they know we’ll just gobble it up & I’ve really had it with half assed ports and quick cash grabs…if you’re gonna charge money for it, at least put in a little effort :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#14 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:17 am

mazonemayu wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:They own the copy right to some of these so it's not illegal these are just roms running on emulator nothing to confirm

I really don’t mind paying a reasonable price for stuff like that. You know I’ve always been the first to buy almost any indie release or project to support the scene, but over the last 2 or 3 years it has gotten seriously out of hand in terms of quality. Some people will literally release anything coz they know we’ll just gobble it up & I’ve really had it with half assed ports and quick cash grabs…if you’re gonna charge money for it, at least put in a little effort :lol:

Doesn't that just sum up JoshProd lol

Is 'Captain Tomaday' that bad? I've only really found one review (on YouTube) and they seemed to like it.

I was actually considering getting this game, 'Andro Dunos II.' for 3DS. Because nothing gets released for the 3DS anymore.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#15 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:20 am

Ian Micheal wrote:...They own the copy right to some of these so it's not illegal these are just roms running on emulator nothing to confirm

but, if just a little part of the chui aes4all is used or hidden into...
not sure ofc

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#16 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:38 am

DCGX wrote:

:mrgreen:

DCGX wrote:
Is 'Captain Tomaday' that bad? I've only really found one review (on YouTube) and they seemed to like it.

No, I really like it for what it is: fun, flashy & something different. It’s actually a very good game imho, it just slows down to a crawl on many parts of the game. And not just the occasional 2 second slowdown like many shooters have at certain points, like at a boss or mid boss, it gets slow for long periods of time, I can get a cup of tea if I want to :lol:
They should’ve tweaked it a bit, instead of just slapping it to a disc…
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:00 am

mazonemayu wrote:
DCGX wrote:

:mrgreen:

DCGX wrote:

No, I really like it for what it is: fun, flashy & something different. It’s actually a very good game imho, it just slows down to a crawl on many parts of the game. And not just the occasional 2 second slowdown like many shooters have at certain points, like at a boss or mid boss, it gets slow for long periods of time, I can get a cup of tea if I want to :lol:
They should’ve tweaked it a bit, instead of just slapping it to a disc…

Yes they should of for sure i like the game as well so it's a shame :) they own the copyright so i have not put out any version as it would not be right..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:00 am

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:...They own the copy right to some of these so it's not illegal these are just roms running on emulator nothing to confirm

but, if just a little part of the chui aes4all is used or hidden into...
not sure ofc

intros and other things are easy so is just hidding the whole thing in intro in romdisk

Woodneeded
undertow

Post#19 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:18 pm

mazonemayu wrote:I really don’t mind paying a reasonable price for stuff like that. You know I’ve always been the first to buy almost any indie release or project to support the scene, but over the last 2 or 3 years it has gotten seriously out of hand in terms of quality. Some people will literally release anything coz they know we’ll just gobble it up & I’ve really had it with half assed ports and quick cash grabs…if you’re gonna charge money for it, at least put in a little effort :lol:

I have supported JoshProd's "efforts" in the past but at this point I think they've burned too many bridges with me.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#20 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:27 pm

I don't remember exactly his name but the "chief" of joshprod is french and i read/listen some interviews of him.
He get captain tomaday and Magic pocket on his Genesis during his childhood and very enjoyed them. So it was important for him to release those games on Dreamcast.
For me, he's not very aware about quality.

I'm like you, i support joshprod for good projects for me like arcade racing legend (not sure now it was a good project ^^)
But the next releases are terribly poor, so i'll pass.

I'm just looking for finding Teddy iso, if i Can grab it or exchange it with one of mines one day. Actually it's too expensive for me and for this short game.