Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#11 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:13 am

Dakangel wrote:i don't want to hickjack from this topic but i hope you can have some time in future to help finish the port of that "heman and shera game" from bwwd, it needs A LOT of spawn fixes and a handful help it would be great.
The sprite and background resize, palette, music and sounds are all done (the files are in this forum)

Other than that, its nice to have a mortal kombat trilogy entry on dreamcast, even on bor format.
(I need to try if the ps1 bleem disc works with the original game)

I don't know how enemy spawns work in OpenBOR. I need to research that. Working on TMNT hyper stone now. I have most sound converted and fixed. Images resized. Scenes optimized. I changed a loading scene. Fixed a cutscenes that wasn't working. Last thing to do is get the palette right.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#12 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:19 pm

dubcity wrote:I don't know how enemy spawns work in OpenBOR. I need to research that. Working on TMNT hyper stone now. I have most sound converted and fixed. Images resized. Scenes optimized. I changed a loading scene. Fixed a cutscenes that wasn't working. Last thing to do is get the palette right.

Spawn is the whole and core reason openbor works, with that you can set when and where the characters and enemies will be placed or be apearing during the gameplay.

In the case i propose there is the need to edit nearly all the coordinate numbers, dividing it to half due the modified global resolution of the game adapted for the dreamcast (enemies, walls, holes, objects), editing the text files are the worst and the more demanding task when there is a port.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#13 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:41 pm

I agree the text files are a pain.