Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Moderators: VasiliyRS, deluxux

User avatar
dubcity
Uber
Posts: 1015

Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:43 pm

This is a repack of a repack. Ian Michael released MK trilogy in his dreambor thread which was a repack of Ro Magnus Larsson release. He used Dreambor 6.6 or 6.7. I'm releasing it using 6.8 which has vmu saving. Here is the link to Ian's original thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13918 Go see what else he is offering there.

Image

I've made this cover image for everyone. Large 800x800 for CDR users to print. Small 256x256 for DS users. Small will also display on gdmenu.
Image
Image

CDR Download with dummy file

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/file/xigFCIQI#QPTHrRpEwbCqPfPXmAJgxqVvcOp2JV6L6BYl_jyPD9A


Gdemu CDI + Dreamshell ISO in one zip no dummy file (delete the one you don't need)

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/file/t64SERbL#uJly_3RQtvL6W1OzjaVfutNOfXMEsxtWcB5K2Fy9t6A


redirect to my collection thread with other homebrew that will work on ode's: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13703

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 4352
Contact:

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#2 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:33 am

It should feature these Unlocked new stages new menu modes 4 player action
Custom IMR level remix bonus stages
complete-able

User avatar
dubcity
Uber
Posts: 1015

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#3 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:55 am

Ian Micheal wrote:It should feature these Unlocked new stages new menu modes 4 player action
Custom IMR level remix bonus stages
complete-able


Yes sir. It's same as your great release. Not trying to take any credit away from you. You did great job. I just repacked it using 6.8. I finished mk 1 and 2 levels.

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 4352
Contact:

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#4 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:11 am

dubcity wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:It should feature these Unlocked new stages new menu modes 4 player action
Custom IMR level remix bonus stages
complete-able


Yes sir. It's same as your great release. Not trying to take any credit away from you. You did great job. I just repacked it using 6.8. I finished mk 1 and 2 levels.


Oh no worries thank you for doing this.. If i get the time i do more like this since your doing this..


It's honor your taking the time to show case proper repacked games.. :)

User avatar
dubcity
Uber
Posts: 1015

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#5 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:29 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
dubcity wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:It should feature these Unlocked new stages new menu modes 4 player action
Custom IMR level remix bonus stages
complete-able


Yes sir. It's same as your great release. Not trying to take any credit away from you. You did great job. I just repacked it using 6.8. I finished mk 1 and 2 levels.


Oh no worries thank you for doing this.. If i get the time i do more like this since your doing this..


It's honor your taking the time to show case proper repacked games.. :)


Anytime my friend. We are always good bro. I appreciate it.

User avatar
RoMagnusLarsson
lithium
Posts: 45

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#6 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:05 pm

Great to see DreamBOR games are improving. I am working on modding Final Fight Gold Champion Edition but I stopped after hours of testing

User avatar
dubcity
Uber
Posts: 1015

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#7 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:08 pm

RoMagnusLarsson wrote:Great to see DreamBOR games are improving. I am working on modding Final Fight Gold Champion Edition but I stopped after hours of testing


modding bor games can be hard. lots of scripts to look at. getting right palette. making sure everything lines up. I am working on fixing one that is requested on this site.

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 4352
Contact:

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#8 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:25 pm

No cakewalk like some might think it's a lot of hardwork to do it correct.. Pretty more real porting or Dmaking to fit what our hardware can cope with..

Engine is very optimized i was going to do opengl render but we have even less memory like this almost useless..

Still little optimizing i can do if i could get 16bit pal to run more then 15fps more like even 20 i would be very happy..

You can get smooth 60fps but you have to redo each one for it like you have found out..

User avatar
dubcity
Uber
Posts: 1015

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#9 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:13 pm

The one I'm currently working on is a previous ripfire release. It needs some work. All music converted. movies optimized. Some gif file resized.

User avatar
Dakangel
photon blast
Posts: 104

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy OpenBOR Mod [DreamBor 6.8][CDR][GDEMU][DS]

Post#10 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:43 pm

RoMagnusLarsson wrote:Great to see DreamBOR games are improving. I am working on modding Final Fight Gold Champion Edition but I stopped after hours of testing
dubcity wrote:The one I'm currently working on is a previous ripfire release. It needs some work. All music converted. movies optimized. Some gif file resized.

i don't want to hickjack from this topic but i hope you can have some time in future to help finish the port of that "heman and shera game" from bwwd, it needs A LOT of spawn fixes and a handful help it would be great.
The sprite and background resize, palette, music and sounds are all done (the files are in this forum)

Other than that, its nice to have a mortal kombat trilogy entry on dreamcast, even on bor format.
(I need to try if the ps1 bleem disc works with the original game)

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users