Xenocider (2021 3D shooter Demo 1 & 2) [CDI]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Xenocider (2021 3D shooter Demo 1 & 2) [CDI]

Post#1 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:14 pm

XENOCIDER (2021) New Dreamcast release :o . Available demos

Hi: I was reviewing this new game that comes from a Spanish production, it is strange to me that no one here has posted almost anything about the game. Xenocider was released in January as I know, nothing like other recent releases, this is a 3D shooter game, the type of work our Dreamcast deserves.
The demos are in CDI format also available out there on the net.

maxresdefault.jpg

I upload 2 demos in CDI with some covers and special editions

Download: https://mega.nz/file/Wao2EZqD#qsgMObMod ... e2Jox80uO4
Attachments
Xenocider (2021) [Demo 1].jpg
Xenocider (2021) [Demo 1].jpg (24.54 KiB) Viewed 9355 times
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Re: Xenocider (2021 3D shooter Demo 1 & 2) [CDI]

Post#2 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:27 pm

Here is a post about Xenocider from creator. Everybody here knows about Xenocider ;)
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7335&hilit=xenocider

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#3 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Retro Sumus are legit legends in these parts ;) . Failed Kickstarter unfortunately way back in 2016 but soldiered on to deliver a game which is perhaps the high water mark of post commercial releases. But you're right, tell everyone and keep telling everyone who'll listen that this is a great game

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#4 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:39 pm

Xenocider is a very good game. I recommend it strongly.

Thanks you for the two firsts demo, i thought they were lost.
There is a third in their website, you can see the improvements :-)

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#5 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:15 am

I must admit, I do often forget about Xenocider, I've owned it for near on 6 months and haven't opened it as of yet... Maybe I need to change that.
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Bought the download meself, very impressive!

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#7 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:18 pm

You should buy it if you are able.

I'm no reviewer but I'll do my best.

I don't even really care for Space Harrier and the like so I was very much on the fence. On one hand it's a new 3d dreamcast game. F**k yeah. On the other, Space Harrier bull? F**K.

Obviously I ended up being drawn in by the 3d but I'm very I was. It runs best on hardware but you can play it on demul if you don't mind some graphical glitches. Actually, I think you can run it on demul, I played in on demul very little though and it may be you can only play the early portion. I don't think it will work at all on any other emulator.

I bought the digital version and burned it. Runs great on my DC. I didn't bother to check serial numbers or any of that stuff and I am American. Dunno if that helps or not.

The digital buy gets you access to artwork and all the things you need to make a game at home that looks as good or professional as you are willing to make it. I really, really, really wish everyone would do this.

Outside of the production stuff you get a few flavors of disc image. I'm not sure what the various kinds are for and if anyone is super interested I'll find them and tell you exactly what they. I burned the CDI file.

The gameplay is all over Youtube, there's plenty of coverage. It is what you'd expect from watching those videos, a lot like Space Harrier. I wouldn't call it terribly hard or easy, it's on the harder side but no harder than classic games used to be I don't think. It's fair, when you fail you just need to get better. I think it's fun and I'm not a big fan of that sort of gameplay. It's plenty smooth on a real Dreamcast and the visuals are all cool in my opinion.

I think everyone who owns a Dreamcast should buy this game. You have to hate the art syle or gameplay or some such to not enjoy it. Even if it's not something you'd normally like I bet you do like it. As long as it's not touching a pet peeve or something like that, buy it.

Or don't, I don't really care, I just think you're missing out.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:19 pm

I agree with you it's a will done game and feels polished.. The demo's dont really do it justice but the 3rd demo as the 1st and 2nd are very early builds..

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#9 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:15 am

marchegiano wrote:You should buy it if you are able.

I'm no reviewer but I'll do my best.

I don't even really care for Space Harrier and the like so I was very much on the fence. On one hand it's a new 3d dreamcast game. F**k yeah. On the other, Space Harrier bull? F**K. Xenocider has flying phases and walking phases, for what I know space harrier is only flying game.

Obviously I ended up being drawn in by the 3d but I'm very I was. It runs best on hardware but you can play it on demul if you don't mind some graphical glitches. Actually, I think you can run it on demul, I played in on demul very little though and it may be you can only play the early portion. I don't think it will work at all on any other emulator. No, in Reicast it does not start (any demo at least)

I bought the digital version and burned it. Runs great on my DC. I didn't bother to check serial numbers or any of that stuff and I am American. Dunno if that helps or not.

The digital buy gets you access to artwork and all the things you need to make a game at home that looks as good or professional as you are willing to make it. I really, really, really wish everyone would do this. :o

Outside of the production stuff you get a few flavors of disc image. I'm not sure what the various kinds are for and if anyone is super interested I'll find them and tell you exactly what they. I burned the CDI file. I would like to play it in Dreamshell/RetroDream , still could not make it boot.

The gameplay is all over Youtube, there's plenty of coverage. It is what you'd expect from watching those videos, a lot like Space Harrier. I wouldn't call it terribly hard or easy, it's on the harder side but no harder than classic games used to be I don't think. It's fair, when you fail you just need to get better. I think it's fun and I'm not a big fan of that sort of gameplay. It's plenty smooth on a real Dreamcast and the visuals are all cool in my opinion. I think is a very good release for Dreamcat considering 20 years after Dreamcast Death, an A.D. release :lol:

I think everyone who owns a Dreamcast should buy this game. You have to hate the art syle or gameplay or some such to not enjoy it. Even if it's not something you'd normally like I bet you do like it. As long as it's not touching a pet peeve or something like that, buy it.

Or don't, I don't really care, I just think you're missing out.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#10 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:10 pm

Dreamcastnews wrote:I must admit, I do often forget about Xenocider, I've owned it for near on 6 months and haven't opened it as of yet... Maybe I need to change that.

Seriously man? :lol:

Anyway, thank you so much for your support! :)