Shadow Gangs

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Shadow Gangs

Post#101 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:45 pm

RoMagnusLarsson wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:
RoMagnusLarsson wrote:Dreamcast deserves 4p Co-Op games or at least 2p Co-Op games, but only one? or Why Dreamcast has 4 controller inputs? It is the first thing I watched in this project. Anyway I hope it can be a reality and be released

It does have 4 controller ports, because that was the way to go over 20 years ago :mrgreen:
Over 90% of its library is still single player though, because most folks (used to) play by themselves in their house ;)

That is an adult thinking of gaming, videgames were born for children and teens and they want to play together too, but young fathers and mothers also want, they does not want to see their children play all the day alone

Not necessarily, even as a kid (over 4 decades ago), I preferred playing solo. That is not to say I don’t enjoy co-op, but if I really have to choose, I’ll always play solo. A lot of gamers are like that, just like with sports in real life, there are those of us who enjoy team based stuff and those who enjoy individual based things.

I can enjoy co-op like in shmups or beat em ups, but I hate multi player where you compete against other players like racers or fighters
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#102 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:43 pm

shadowgangs wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:You know what would be awesome for a sequel: co-op & weapons you can pick up along the way, a la Dragonninja

I will open a Discord for SG II
and we can discuss implementation, we'll see...

Great! Good to see the DC version funded. Post the link to the discord when its up.

lozz
core

Post#103 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:08 am

shadowgangs wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:You know what would be awesome for a sequel: co-op & weapons you can pick up along the way, a la Dragonninja

Congrats on hitting the Kickstarter goal. I'm really pleased to see it got there in the end - it's definitely well deserved if the demo is anything to go by!

I've noticed a bit of chat about SGII on the Kickstarter updates. My friendly unsolicited advice would be to perhaps focus on getting the physical DC release wrapped up before turning attention to the sequel. Hopefully that doesn't come across too negatively, it's just I think the work that is required for the design, manufacture and distribution of the physical game shouldn't be underestimated. If this last part of the process is implemented well, then it will also increase people's appetites to back a sequel further down the line.

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Post#104 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:17 am

shadowgangs wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:Congratz man, on to Shadow Gangs 2 :lol: 8-)

Keep your Dreamcast guys at home. The ninja saga will continue 8-)

Dreamcast need Ninja games (no one officially released) congratulations and keep moving forward the gaming!

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Post#105 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:21 am

mazonemayu wrote:
RoMagnusLarsson wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:

It does have 4 controller ports, because that was the way to go over 20 years ago :mrgreen:
Over 90% of its library is still single player though, because most folks (used to) play by themselves in their house ;)

That is an adult thinking of gaming, videgames were born for children and teens and they want to play together too, but young fathers and mothers also want, they does not want to see their children play all the day alone

Not necessarily, even as a kid (over 4 decades ago), I preferred playing solo. That is not to say I don’t enjoy co-op, but if I really have to choose, I’ll always play solo. A lot of gamers are like that, just like with sports in real life, there are those of us who enjoy team based stuff and those who enjoy individual based things.

I can enjoy co-op like in shmups or beat em ups, but I hate multi player where you compete against other players like racers or fighters

Ok, so you would agree with the option to be considered.and incorporated...
Last edited by RoMagnusLarsson on Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Post#106 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:24 am

mazonemayu wrote:Shouldn’t be too hard, it also worked on The Ninjawarriors, which is more of a hack n slash in a ninja themed setting, but you have shurikens too. Just need to combine both playstyles. Also have a look at the mega drive version of shadow dancer which lets you disable the shurikens in the options menu so you can play through the game with punches, kicks & your katana (something I would’ve loved to have seen in Shadow Gangs because it makes for a completely different play style without changing anything about the game)

Check out both video’s and you’ll see how it can be done

https://youtu.be/uD2Ms8TN1ss

https://youtu.be/flKOjT1MHIU

Maybe games like "Contra Hard Corps" help? it could be a total explosive action game that blows two minds at the same time!

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Post#107 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:30 am

I agree with the same opinion. Maybe a completely different stages where you have only fire weapons (an enemies who shoot you), in Streets of Rage Remake (fan mod) there is a extra mod where you have many gun fire, enemies shooting,etc you have to pick up one or easily die, a completly distorted idea from original SOR style, but a change that feels good, at least for a stage..

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#108 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:38 am

lozz wrote:
shadowgangs wrote:

Congrats on hitting the Kickstarter goal. I'm really pleased to see it got there in the end - it's definitely well deserved if the demo is anything to go by!

I've noticed a bit of chat about SGII on the Kickstarter updates. My friendly unsolicited advice would be to perhaps focus on getting the physical DC release wrapped up before turning attention to the sequel. Hopefully that doesn't come across too negatively, it's just I think the work that is required for the design, manufacture and distribution of the physical game shouldn't be underestimated. If this last part of the process is implemented well, then it will also increase people's appetites to back a sequel further down the line.

Of course Shadow Gangs on the Dreamcast is priority number 1.
I have already started looking for the manufacturing and distribution side, and I am now weighing my options :)
There will be some big surprises coming regarding Shadow Gangs Dreamcast, but won't say anything about it!

The sequel, it's happening, it started and hopefully will be done. But it will take some years...3 to 4 :shock:

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#109 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:24 am

shadowgangs wrote:Of course Shadow Gangs on the Dreamcast is priority number 1.

The sequel, it's happening, it started and hopefully will be done. But it will take some years...3 to 4 :shock:

In order to start shadow gangs 2 in good conditions, focus on Shadow Gangs Dreamcast seems the best way to follow.

When the time will come to focus on the sequel, tools probably evolved and new ideas come by themselves.

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#110 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:13 am

fafadou wrote:
shadowgangs wrote:Of course Shadow Gangs on the Dreamcast is priority number 1.

In order to start shadow gangs 2 in good conditions, focus on Shadow Gangs Dreamcast seems the best way to follow.

When the time will come to focus on the sequel, tools probably evolved and new ideas come by themselves.

Things are moving regarding SG Dremacast, will keep you updated :)
Don't worry, for SG II, I am not doing any code until SG I is shipped.
For now, SG II is started by the artists, I will not code for it until shipment to backers of SG I is initiated 8-)

Return to “New Games”