Tough guy... more disappointing crap

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Tough guy... more disappointing crap

Post#31 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:12 am

If you like the style, that's cool. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I don't care for it, but the fact that it's another crap conversion of a not-very-good-game is the sticking point.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#32 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:49 am

DCGX wrote:If you like the style, that's cool. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I don't care for it, but the fact that it's another crap conversion of a not-very-good-game is the sticking point.

True, then again..Nightmare Creatures 2 anyone? :lol:
Just saying there will always be bad ports of B games ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#33 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:08 am

We have to get whoever is making these ports to use the latest developments in kos. We all agree these are B games. We hate that they run like shit. If people wanna pay the asking price for this stuff that's their prerogative. But it's bullshit to ask that price for a game that runs like shit.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#34 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:51 am

dubcity wrote:We have to get whoever is making these ports to use the latest developments in kos. We all agree these are B games. We hate that they run like shit. If people wanna pay the asking price for this stuff that's their prerogative. But it's bullshit to ask that price for a game that runs like shit.

True, Think I hadn’t bought a game from them since the Captain Tomaday fiasco, and was only making an exception now coz of the robot theme :lol:

The way I see it, at this moment they are only good for reprints of older indie games, which already ran fine :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#35 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:06 pm

mazonemayu wrote:
dubcity wrote:We have to get whoever is making these ports to use the latest developments in kos. We all agree these are B games. We hate that they run like shit. If people wanna pay the asking price for this stuff that's their prerogative. But it's bullshit to ask that price for a game that runs like shit.

True, Think I hadn’t bought a game from them since the Captain Tomaday fiasco, and was only making an exception now coz of the robot theme :lol:

The way I see it, at this moment they are only good for reprints of older indie games, which already ran fine :lol:

Not judging. I understand as a fellow anime/mech/robot fan myself. Also love shmups so these are right up my alley. But damn it would be a win/win if they didn't run like shit. JoshProd would be the gold standard of indie devs on DC if their releases ran without issues.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#36 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:29 pm

True, they have everything just about right: proper packaging with quality prints, prices are not too crazy for indie games, now they just need to make the games work :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

thedemon1238
lithium

Post#37 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:18 pm

I've buyed Satazius Next last month and I'm satisfied overall. The game is pretty nice shooter and good addition to the dreamcast indie library.

Yeah, maybe switch or pc version of the game runs flawlessly, but the dreamcast version is very playable too.

It is a port of an indie game, made by very small dev studio. (maybe even one person) Everybody should know that the game isn't using the full dreamcast power.

I only buyed one other pixel heart DC game in the past. Don't have money to buy them all. They are a bit pricey... true! But when I have some money left, why not? Dreamcast world without satazius next (or any other new game) is not better dreamcast world. Not everyone can buy all of them and that's OK...But it's good that they exist anyway . :)

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#38 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:11 am

I know piracy isn't really liked here for the newer games, but it seems wrong for me, a dummy who doesn't know what he's looking at, to have these files and not share them with folks who can explain them. Likewise seems wrong for y'all more techy lads to have to buy the game to see the files and explain them.

That said, I do have TG and a bunch of other Prod games I am more than willing to share I just don't want to break rules or upset folks.

I think I might have all the Pixels tbh.

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#39 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:39 pm

I must admit, in the videos that I have made on JoshProd's games, I often will be subjective about the games. I used to be a bit more favouring towards their releases when I used to get sent the beta versions but a lot of the time where I'd suggest changes to the games, it really wasn't taken on board.

I don't get the sort of viewership that warrants lying about these games if I'm honest. I do like most of what I have played of theirs but some of the games just seem so much money for a one and done play.
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

Danny Boy
shadow

Post#40 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:10 pm

Supercharged Robot Vulkaizer, definitely disappointing, was looking forward to it too; 70’s anime, shmup and got very good reviews on steam. The product that was released; very disappointing mostly due to how poorly presented and low res it is. At the same time Satazius Next is crisp, runs smoothly, well presented and is a great shooter and welcome addition to the Dreamcast. So don’t know how JoshProd manages to release two similar releases simultaneously with such varying quality control.

Definitely agree on what’s been said about Joshprod, there seems to be a lack of effort on a lot of their releases that is harmful to the Dreamcast homebrew scene. They have released some great games; Volgarr, Flashback, Satazius, Ghost Blade, Orion’s games and I’ve enjoyed their neogeo ports of Bang Busters and Breakers despite their inherent flaws but then there are just as many that are lazy ports and games such as Arcade racing legends and Captain Tomaday were not fit for general release at all.

Wave game studios have brought some real buzz into the Dreamcast scene, they’ve barely been around but already have published Izzy, Xenocider, Rush Rush Rally, Flea! with Postal and Shadowgangs forthcoming. Hopefully Joshprod will have to up their game if they want to compete.

Return to “New Games”