TMNT Rescue Palooza Dreambor

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dakangel
letterbomb

TMNT Rescue Palooza Dreambor

Post#1 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:01 am

Exact same as the PC in almost every aspect with the original but heavy optimized to allow running it on the Dreamcast.

This is a very rought test and playtrought for the mentioned game and altought some problems due the 16bit palette and an engine that doesnt release the ram, it goes pretty well.
I forgot to save in the vmu so all the advance is lost, but anyway is just a video to show it running it with a gdemu and the most up to date Dreambor from Ian.
Last edited by Dakangel on Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: TMNT Rescue Palooza Dreambor

Post#2 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:07 am

Really nice not sure whats wrong with your capture i can do one for you if you like :)

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#3 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:27 am

Really nice Dakangel. Thanks. Also nice to see others taking up the mantle of porting OpenBOR mods.

gamesreup
killer

Post#4 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:26 pm

Dakangel wrote:Exact same as the PC in almost every aspect with the original but heavy optimized to allow running it on the Dreamcast.

This is a very rought test and playtrought for the mentioned game and altought some problems due the 16bit palette and an engine that doesnt release the ram, it goes pretty well.
I forgot to save in the vmu so all the advance is lost, but anyway is just a video to show it running it with a gdemu and the most up to date Dreambor from Ian.

Awesome work my friend. Nice to see some more BOR heading over to the almight DC.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#5 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:15 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Really nice not sure whats wrong with your capture i can do one for you if you like :)

This couldn't be happening if it wasn't for your extraordinary contribution to the engine.

dubcity wrote:Really nice Dakangel. Thanks. Also nice to see others taking up the mantle of porting OpenBOR mods.

gamesreup wrote:Awesome work my friend. Nice to see some more BOR heading over to the almight DC.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of these ninja reptiles, but ever since the game was released i thought it might be a good candidate for a Dreamcast port, but the original creator didn't think so and didn't want to help with this conversion.

Im testing the game until the end to find any bugs and problems, however, given the treatment I received in the openbor forum i will share this version for everyone to enjoy and spread everywhere.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:33 am

Openbor forum is prolly the worst i went to i was pretty much insulted and called names .. Then asked to join there team.. This how Dreambor happen they said stuff dreamcast we dont support it.. And i could not let that happen..

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#7 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:21 am

SMH there are some really toxic game communities out there. Openbor forum can be that way for sure. They moved away from Dreamcast long ago because of the limited memory and hate when any of us bring it up.

In my time analyzing all these newer games there is one big reason why they run out of memory: too many playable characters. Most old school beat em ups have 2-4 playable characters. Some of these new BOR games have 8+ playable characters.

Another limitation to getting games to work on Dreamcast are the newest scripts that are being used by mod makers. Dreambor doesn't support them at the moment. But I have to discuss this with Ian for future improvement.

Dreambor supports all display outputs but Dreamcast can't process the higher color pallettes fast enough. That's why frame rate drops on 16 bit and 32 bit pallette. Another reason why the openbor forum moved on from Dreamcast.

gamesreup
killer

Post#8 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:53 pm

Dakangel wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Really nice not sure whats wrong with your capture i can do one for you if you like :)

This couldn't be happening if it wasn't for your extraordinary contribution to the engine.

dubcity wrote:Really nice Dakangel. Thanks. Also nice to see others taking up the mantle of porting OpenBOR mods.

gamesreup wrote:Awesome work my friend. Nice to see some more BOR heading over to the almight DC.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of these ninja reptiles, but ever since the game was released i thought it might be a good candidate for a Dreamcast port, but the original creator didn't think so and didn't want to help with this conversion.

Im testing the game until the end to find any bugs and problems, however, given the treatment I received in the openbor forum i will share this version for everyone to enjoy and spread everywhere.

Can't wait to check it out my friend! And thanks again :)

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#9 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:39 pm

Exciting stuff Dark, thanks for sharing bud

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#10 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:23 pm

Wow this game is looking awesome! Can you share the CDI with us?
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured