Resident Evil 2: Special Edition (RELEASE!)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

megavolt85
Developer

Re: *UPDATE* Resident Evil 2: Special Edition (RELEASE!)

Post#51 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:08 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Chui using MMU with SQ's on aes4all

SQ has already been tried, it does not work for reading from SD

egwok
shadow

Post#52 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:02 am

Ok I’m not good at replying here directly cause it’s my first time contributing on this site but @momo I use just a SDCARD on GDEMU (Dreamcast) I never used the USB MOD so that’s probably why like @Megavolt said and to @Megavolt yes a SD card GDEMU works perfectly but yeah it’s probably my chinesse clone or SD card taking a toll thanks for the heads up and great work . But what about on RA Xbox series S the frames take big dips from 60 to 20-26 FPS and also on very slow loading In game scene almost like a freeze every 10 seconds in-game ? I’m using a USB can that be why?

Green Ranger
fragger

Post#53 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:10 pm

egwok wrote:Ok I’m not good at replying here directly cause it’s my first time contributing on this site but @momo I use just a SDCARD on GDEMU (Dreamcast) I never used the USB MOD so that’s probably why like @Megavolt said and to @Megavolt yes a SD card GDEMU works perfectly but yeah it’s probably my chinesse clone or SD card taking a toll thanks for the heads up and great work . But what about on RA Xbox series S the frames take big dips from 60 to 20-26 FPS and also on very slow loading In game scene almost like a freeze every 10 seconds in-game ? I’m using a USB can that be why?

You may have to try the process of elimination here. Check a compatibility list to make sure that the PAL version of RE2 runs well on your RA and Flycast versions. If it should run fine, refrain from compressing the GDI into a CHD- play with just the GDI. If the problems persist, try a faster SD card. If that doesn't fix the problem either, check your Flycast/Retroarch settings.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#54 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:33 pm

Fly cast when it's doing wince takes a big hit compared to other games..

egwok
shadow

Post#55 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:55 am

Can’t use GDI cause the Xbox series S retroarch won’t play GDI at all that’s why I made into CHD also I had a fellow YouTuber check it on his xbox from USB & Internal SSD . He also found the both ways ran the same as mine was . Can they be a possible fix ? Cause although it runs perfectly on Dreamcast I will like the higher res on Xbox .if not thanks anyway still enjoying it on DC .

Green Ranger
fragger

Post#56 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:27 am

egwok wrote:Can’t use GDI cause the Xbox series S retroarch won’t play GDI at all that’s why I made into CHD also I had a fellow YouTuber check it on his xbox from USB & Internal SSD . He also found the both ways ran the same as mine was . Can they be a possible fix ? Cause although it runs perfectly on Dreamcast I will like the higher res on Xbox .if not thanks anyway still enjoying it on DC .

Wouldn't know how to fix that. The goal was to ensure the game runs perfectly on original Dreamcast hardware. I have no control over how various Emulators deal with it.

egwok
shadow

Post#57 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:24 pm

That’s fine thanks anyway I do appreciate the work and effort anyway I’ll keep posting anything I find here hopefully there won’t be anything else .

possom2009
rebel

Re: Resident Evil 2: Special Edition (RELEASE!)

Post#58 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:47 pm

Can we get this in .chd please? It would be helpfull for those with limited space.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#59 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:51 pm

hum another one that won't boot in rev0

On my secondary setup it's great! Funny I was re-visiting some PAL games since I've been jotting down index cards for the blind button inputs to set 60hz, but they including RE2 just boot in 60hz! Monaco Grand Prix may be the only one VGA exclusive 60hz can't test all now

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#60 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:34 pm

That last Ada Pic does not look like she's wearing a jacket
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482