Resident Evil 2: Special Edition (RELEASE!)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Re: Resident Evil 2: Special Edition (RELEASE!)

Post#81 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:20 am

I've finally burned these discs. Well I manage to burn Claire disc had no trouble playing up to the police station. Leon Disc though my Dreamcast hated the disc I put in so couldn't play his. Just happy finally get to play this myself so sure be playing this weekend.

Used Imgburn with the CDI patches, burned at 2.4x even though goes up to 10x anyways. Already wasted few CDRs today so I'm no rush reburning.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#82 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:06 am

What brand did you use ?
I use Verbatim.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#83 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:22 pm

The old Tesco brand CD-R. I say old because they discontinued them over five years ago now. Used them discs for both DC & PS1 while I had Windows XP like over ten years ago. Not today though with Windows 10, so went ahead with Imgburn now I was lucky to actual burn anything today. I would used Discjuggler but that didn't burn nothing last time so why waste more discs.

Ark Thompson diary not in Claire adventure!

I'm looking at this as I want more modded RE to play. New Costumes the whole bang like to get this playable on GDI though.

Green Ranger
fragger

Post#84 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:45 pm

Dirge Of Ram wrote: Ark Thompson diary not in Claire adventure!

Yup, that was intentional too. Ark Thompson has no connection to Claire, so I wanted his diary to be exclusive to Leon's game.

When burning discs I primarily use Memorex CDs, but Verbatim works well too. As for the burn speed, don't worry about trying to burn games at 2.4x or lower speeds- most disc drives now don't even support speeds that low. I've burnt numerous discs at 12-16x speeds and they've all played fine.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#85 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:36 am

The real issue is the CD/DVD burner I have. I also had a portable burner that too just ended up broken annoyingly. Unlucky cheap end bad burners which is the reason went to that serial device never looked back!

If I get anymore CD-R in the future try Leon again.

Green Ranger
fragger

Post#86 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:20 am

New content is on the way because Resident Evil 2: Special Edition is receiving an update! Further details will be disclosed in the near future. :)

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#87 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:46 am

Oh great !

DreamCasting
dark night

Post#88 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:39 am

Can't wait to see what it will be!

Falco Girgis
Developer

Post#89 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:31 am

Damn, this project is exciting. RE2 for Dreamcast was already the best version. Huge fan of the game, just grabbed the images to see what's new. :D

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#90 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:38 pm

You Can already try the awesome existing release.

@green ranger : it will be an update of the actual release or a New completely one ?