*NEW* - Resident Evil 2: Special Edition PLUS (RELEASE!)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Green Ranger
killer

Re: Resident Evil 2: Special Edition (RELEASE!)

Post#11 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:57 am

AgentMomo wrote:Went to go play this last night and the 2 burned cds didn't play

I burned CDI as IMAGE ,

Was I suppose to burn entire folder as image instead ? :lol:

Did you use Disjuggler or ImgBurn to burn the CDIs? I just burnt another disc tonight using ImgBurn and it turned out fine.

***IMPORTANT UPDATE*** It's come to my attention that there was a game breaking bug on Claire's Disc, where the game crashes just before meeting the Alligator Boss. I've uploaded an updated CDI for Claire with the necessary bug fix. Discard the previous release of Claire's Special Edition Disc and replace it with the FIXED VERSION which you can now find in my first post.

megavolt85
Developer

Re: *UPDATE* Resident Evil 2: Special Edition (RELEASE!)

Post#12 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:14 am

GDI image with fix updated

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#13 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:09 pm

Green Ranger wrote:
AgentMomo wrote:Went to go play this last night and the 2 burned cds didn't play

I burned CDI as IMAGE ,

Was I suppose to burn entire folder as image instead ? :lol:

Did you use Disjuggler or ImgBurn to burn the CDIs? I just burnt another disc tonight using ImgBurn and it turned out fine.

***IMPORTANT UPDATE*** It's come to my attention that there was a game breaking bug on Claire's Disc, where the game crashes just before meeting the Alligator Boss. I've uploaded an updated CDI for Claire with the necessary bug fix. Discard the previous release of Claire's Special Edition Disc and replace it with the FIXED VERSION which you can now find in my first post.

Yeah I used IMGBURN , When you go to burn theses , did you burn the CDI as IMAGE DISC , or did you burn the entire Folder as IMG Disc ?

I used IMGBURN Before with no problems.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#14 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:26 pm

AgentMomo wrote:
Yeah I used IMGBURN , When you go to burn theses , did you burn the CDI as IMAGE DISC , or did you burn the entire Folder as IMG Disc ?

Only burn the CDI, using IMGBURN's CDI plugins. If you haven't already, extract the files from this archive and put them in IMGBURN's folder then start up IMGBURN, select the CDI file then choose your burn speed before burning. The program will do the rest.
pfctoc.zip
(77.28 KiB) Downloaded 275 times

Also, let me know what types of blank discs you're using. Surprisingly the brand can make a difference- I know I've had coasters in the past on one brand, then swtiched to another and got successful burns using the same files! My brand of choice since learning this is always Memorex, but I'm sure others can chime in on what other brands work for them too.
Last edited by Green Ranger on Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#15 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:31 pm

megavolt85 wrote:GDI image with fix updated

megavolt85, thank you for the GDI images for Dreamshell/ODE users! I'll update my first post to include the link. Being that I have not tested the game's compatiblity on Dreamshell/ODE, whoever tries the GDI images please let me know how well it plays. If for some reason you encounter issues, use the CDIs which are confirmed to be working on the Dreamcast console's GD-ROM/optical drive and through PC emulators such as Redream.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#16 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:27 pm

Green Ranger wrote:
AgentMomo wrote:

Only burn the CDI, using IMGBURN's CDI plugins. If you haven't already, just put the attached files in IMGBURN's folder then start up IMGBURN, select the CDI file then choose your burn speed before burning. The program will do the rest. pfctoc.zip

Also, let me know what types of blank discs you're using. Surprisingly the brand can make a difference- I know I've had coasters in the past on one brand, then swtiched to another and got successful burns using the same files! My brand of choice since learning this is always Memorex, but I'm sure others can chime in on what other brands work for them too.

I know Maxwell works the best for me for some reason. HA this is why I pushed the idea of Fixing of RESIDENT EVIL 3 GDI SD Card Package. Make New Home brews with that , no need for endless cupcoasters lol.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#17 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:57 pm

AgentMomo wrote: I know Maxwell works the best for me for some reason. HA this is why I pushed the idea of Fixing of RESIDENT EVIL 3 GDI SD Card Package. Make New Home brews with that , no need for endless cupcoasters lol.

Since learning of Memorex CDRs about 15 years ago, I've thankfully never had another coaster. :lol:

Let me if know if you get a successful burn this time around!

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#18 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:02 pm

Green Ranger wrote:
AgentMomo wrote: I know Maxwell works the best for me for some reason. HA this is why I pushed the idea of Fixing of RESIDENT EVIL 3 GDI SD Card Package. Make New Home brews with that , no need for endless cupcoasters lol.

Since learning of Memorex CDRs about 15 years ago, I've thankfully never had another coaster. :lol:

Let me if know if you get a successful burn this time around!

the disc i use right now are verbatim , i used them before , i'm going to burn on a different computer , doesn't work i will have to do delay my idea of playing , not buying other discs lol :lol:

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#19 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:25 pm

Yup this is is not working for my discs right now. Oh well.

I'll get my Maxwells if they are cheap enough. Just a waste of money at the moment for my likings lol.

It would be awesome if we can some how remove the WINCE Coding so RE2 could work on GDI SD Card Reader. This idea of switching the guts of Dreamcast to a GDE is not worth the energy either , your just making a Gaming Laptop and using the DREAMCAST Case as it's shell lol.

AGAIN I lobby for the SD CARD RESIDENT EVIL 3 GDI Package to be used as the base for Homebrews.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#20 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:34 pm

AgentMomo wrote:Yup this is is not working for my discs right now. Oh well.

I'll get my Maxwells if they are cheap enough. Just a waste of money at the moment for my likings lol.

It would be awesome if we can some how remove the WINCE Coding so RE2 could work on GDI SD Card Reader. This idea of switching the guts of Dreamcast to a GDE is not worth the energy either , your just making a Gaming Laptop and using the DREAMCAST Case as it's shell lol.

AGAIN I lobby for the SD CARD RESIDENT EVIL 3 GDI Package to be used as the base for Homebrews.

If you want to still try it out before you get the Maxwell CDs, you can always use the Dreamcast PC emulator Redream- https://redream.io/download