POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Moderators: VasiliyRS, deluxux

User avatar
Zoarb
lithium
Posts: 35

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#11 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:58 pm

fafadou wrote:I'm not sure I'll buy it because it's not my kind of game too.
But now if there is a way to pay directly Dan, I'm on it.


I'll reach out if I'm successful :)
Life is a gamble.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Don't put all your chips on red.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

But above all, make sure you
HAVE FUN

User avatar
fafadou
Wazza
Posts: 1295

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#12 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:02 pm

Something else, someone have ran the game with dreamshell/retrodream ?
The game boot but don't load the map...

MastaG
letterbomb
Posts: 158

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#13 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:02 pm

It's a great game, I bought it together with Intrepid Izzy from Wave Studios.
Please guys, if you like it, then please just buy the disc.

User avatar
killer-elite
Anarki
Posts: 99

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#14 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 pm

MoeFoh wrote:https://www.wavegamestudios.com/shop/postal-digital

Post if you have success on the download.


So apparently it gives you three tries to download the file, then you have to repurchase the free download after those three tries are used up. Kinda a pain cause the file was corrupted, but will download to try out the game/to preserve the game copy.

UPDATE : I've tried about 7 times or so to download. Each time the file does not download and when it does its corrupted. I think the publisher is trolling people who want the game for free and they legit have a dummy corrupted file up for download that will not work.

User avatar
Nico0020
Carnage
Posts: 615

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#15 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 am

Why the hell is this being given away for free? I mean I am still purchasing the physical version, but I feel like this should have only been given to people who purchased it. People worked hard to make this. It makes zero sense. I know anyone could easily pirate the game, but the DC scene has been pretty good about not fucking over indie devs who put out a good product.

Punx2511
lithium
Posts: 38

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#16 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:37 am

killer-elite wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:https://www.wavegamestudios.com/shop/postal-digital

Post if you have success on the download.


So apparently it gives you three tries to download the file, then you have to repurchase the free download after those three tries are used up. Kinda a pain cause the file was corrupted, but will download to try out the game/to preserve the game copy.

UPDATE : I've tried about 7 times or so to download. Each time the file does not download and when it does its corrupted. I think the publisher is trolling people who want the game for free and they legit have a dummy corrupted file up for download that will not work.


Thats intresting actually , i emailed wave games about 2 weeks ago asking if they planned on selling digital copies for gdmenu/mode user's. They replied couple days later with we cant sell u one but we can send u one, and they kindly sent me a link which downloaded and plays perfectly

Roz
fire
Posts: 76

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#17 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:40 am

This version is Compatible with Dreamshell with MOD HDD?

Cass
Doom
Posts: 190

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#18 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:56 am

Punx2511 wrote:Thats intresting actually , i emailed wave games about 2 weeks ago asking if they planned on selling digital copies for gdmenu/mode user's. They replied couple days later with we cant sell u one but we can send u one, and they kindly sent me a link which downloaded and plays perfectly


Maybe RWS only gave WAVE permission to sell a physical release. Now they did make the code open source which is great but it still needed ported. Just seems a bit strange from RWS to go down this route and do a deal for a physical release but not a digital one. Lots of of active DC users with GDEMU solutions.

User avatar
MoeFoh
Vagabond
Posts: 727

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#19 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:44 am

The Dreamcast open source code is available for download:
https://www.wavegamestudios.com/open-source

They always planned the digital version to be free. They are going the extra mile and making a downloadable CDI. Source is reddit.
pic.png


My guess is a marketing decision is at play here. They get a database of Dreamcast gamers with their email address - some of which will be future buyers.

I read that the original PC game was released as freeware in 2016.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

User avatar
MoeFoh
Vagabond
Posts: 727

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#20 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:05 am

fafadou wrote:I'm not sure I'll buy it because it's not my kind of game too.
But now if there is a way to pay directly Dan, I'm on it.


See this post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15741&p=166874#p166874

If you go in 10, that's at least 30 we can send him directly.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MikeStutzzzz