HALF LIFE CUSTOM GDI[TEST] IMR

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Re: HALF LIFE CUSTOM GDI[TEST] IMR

Post#11 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:42 pm

Incredible work! Too bad I only have a stock Dreamcast and can't help with the tests.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:52 pm

NeoSnk wrote:Yan, can you apply it on the Counter Strike too? I think stages like Rio would benefit a lot of this.

I will try sad that intro glitches with the newer DX DLL"S on this but in game is fine..

Just a test for people to try i will try with the mods as well.. Going to be doing some more to this being just test one hehe..
working on optimizing textures and pvr format to maybe help make the frame rate more stable.. rebuilding the hl wads and packfiles..

course add movie intro support been done before but why not make a version people can mod easy..

Ok almost done with optimizing the hl wav files and pack files and framerate is more stable

video
https://streamable.com/neyqu9
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#13 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:41 pm

Or this mod: https://youtu.be/8f7noRa1lRs
Should give HL some balls lol.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:50 pm

MastaG wrote:Or this mod: https://youtu.be/8f7noRa1lRs
Should give HL some balls lol.

I will give that a go lol would need a ton of work just going to try getting plain one working better right now..

going to put this in when it boots so more complete lol

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:13 pm

Incredible work Ian! This is hopefully going to be the definitive version once you are done optimizing it all!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:35 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Incredible work Ian! This is hopefully going to be the definitive version once you are done optimizing it all!

It should be better :) got 36mb pack optimized files to under 12mb so it got to help not released yet lol..

gamesreup
killer

Post#17 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:48 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I have built the WinCE boot file and optimized it using the WinCE devkit and ip.bin and converted it to GDI. I need people to test it for me.
It's working on DC emulators, but we know what that's like.
Instead of the bloated CDI version, I created a new WinCE boot file from the WinCE SDK to optimize ram use and speed at only 1 MB.
Download to test for hardware as well. GDEMU only; this is WinCE.

Remembr works on the redream dev build, and Demul is currently I cant test for testing on hardware.

You should see on gdemu much improved loading speed and even slightly better framerate..

since i cant test on hardware this might only work on bloody emulators..
I dont have a gdemu setup right now..
https://streamable.com/431vjm
New download comming

Incredible work as always and now that I finally have a GDemu I can give it a bash! Great stuff!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:13 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Incredible work Ian! This is hopefully going to be the definitive version once you are done optimizing it all!

It should be better :) got 36mb pack optimized files to under 12mb so it got to help not released yet lol..

Any plans to do the same for Soldier of Fortune? Override did hack the game to put all on 1 CDI file by editing the PAKs, so I wonder if you could do the same to that game and fix many of the games issues? My Overclocked DC makes that game way smoother so not sure if it will be gpu dependent or not? But faster clock made it better especially on the train level with helicopter no stutter at qll compared to normal clock. I have the 20% OC mod so 250mhz.

Overclock never helped Half-Life but does that game.

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#19 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:39 pm

IMG_20230117_192757.jpg

Isn't she beautiful :p

Had a quick test - god mode, infinite ammo with the Ghostbusters type gun never stopping, flash light on, going through the opening heavy sections of "We've got hostiles" and "Lambda Core" blasting absolutely everything. Did it stutter at times, of course it did but not as heavy as I thought it would. Looks absolutely great Ian, seems to be running better than any previous version I played. Will get time to do a comparison with other versions maybe over the weekend but I think this is more than just recency bias. Fully disclosure playing via DC hdmi digital but I think it looks great. Thanks Ian!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:50 pm

Anthony817 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

Any plans to do the same for Soldier of Fortune? Override did hack the game to put all on 1 CDI file by editing the PAKs, so I wonder if you could do the same to that game and fix many of the games issues? My Overclocked DC makes that game way smoother so not sure if it will be gpu dependent or not? But faster clock made it better especially on the train level with helicopter no stutter at qll compared to normal clock. I have the 20% OC mod so 250mhz.

Overclock never helped Half-Life but does that game.

Never thought of doing something like that to a soldier of fortune great idea.. I can see a lot of scope for doing more with half-life ports, for sure. Being able to add to it, like when I compiled and made a video boot loader in WinCE, etc., and the loader not having to have dll's baked into it, is a bit of fun. I need to after 5 months of coding every day and testing for TMnT. Thanks! I will take a look at that game as well.