HALF LIFE CUSTOM GDI[TEST] IMR

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Re: HALF LIFE CUSTOM GDI[TEST] IMR

Post#41 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:45 pm

Could that Dragon Ball Z mod be made now?

Boydstr
shadow

Post#43 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:10 am

Thanks for the Dreamcast version you posted,i downloaded a unofficial version but it was extremely slow your version is so much better the only problem is that sound is slow on my device but it is not a top device hardware wise the graphics are really great so much better than my previous version.So fantastic work.
Greetzzz from the Netherlands.

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#44 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:38 pm

Ryo_Hazuki wrote:Could that Dragon Ball Z mod be made now?

You mean Earth's Special Forces from esforces.com?
I believe this a HL total conversion, so not possible.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#45 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:56 am

Yes, like MastaG alluded to, if it uses custom .dll files then we can not do anything with it because we would have to compile the HLSDK with the DC version and nobody had been able to crack that nut because it is just beyond most people's skills, Moi himself did try and compile it years ago but did not get super far along. That is why we need all of those hard to find tools. They made progress in that front at least back about a decade ago. But more complex mods that would do shit like this, are sadly not possible or if ever.

But custom model and map swaps work, so possibilities are still endless for modding this game to some extent. Just no game logic yet.

cbx
shadow

Post#46 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:06 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Confirmed working but the newer DX DLLS i'm using cause grafx glitches ..

Never played Half-Life before but to me it looked 99,9% flawless. I played the hazard course and the game itself until the first fights. There's some odd flickering during the intro train ride that looked buggy and all the black scientists talk really deep and slow. I assume the sample rate is incorrect or stereo data is played back as mono. I watched some gameplay as reference afterwards.

Hardware: USB GDROM, PAL unit with a VGA cable.

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#47 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:12 pm

I did enjoy HL2 + the first two episodes to the max.
Because of the gravity gun, the shooting mechanics and the awesome story.
I've never played more than the first few levels of Half-Life 1 to be honest.
Although I remember the reviews of the upcoming Dreamcast version showing the improvements over the PC version with the ties of the lab staff really hanging instead of being painted on.

But I just really don't like the shooting part of the game, it's like the bullets dont make any impact.

The animations when an enemy dies are really dull and the textures look so low-res compared to other games such as Q3 and UT.

Everyone hated Soldier of Fortune for the Dreamcast for its shitty loading times, but if you play it using DreamShell from CF card its so much faster..now thats the better shooter imo.
The way the shotgun pumps with agression and the limbs flying off.. that makes you feel the impact.
Compared to that HL1 feels more like a first person Resident Evil.
Thats why I like the Brutal Half-Life mod, because it brings back some of the agression to the weapons.
But I guess I was just spoiled by skipping HL1 when I was young and playing HL2 first lol.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#48 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:33 pm

cbx wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Confirmed working but the newer DX DLLS i'm using cause grafx glitches ..

Never played Half-Life before but to me it looked 99,9% flawless. I played the hazard course and the game itself until the first fights. There's some odd flickering during the intro train ride that looked buggy and all the black scientists talk really deep and slow. I assume the sample rate is incorrect or stereo data is played back as mono. I watched some gameplay as reference afterwards.

Hardware: USB GDROM, PAL unit with a VGA cable.

Yeah have to fix the voices lmao ..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#49 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:35 pm

MastaG wrote:I did enjoy HL2 + the first two episodes to the max.
Because of the gravity gun, the shooting mechanics and the awesome story.
I've never played more than the first few levels of Half-Life 1 to be honest.
Although I remember the reviews of the upcoming Dreamcast version showing the improvements over the PC version with the ties of the lab staff really hanging instead of being painted on.

But I just really don't like the shooting part of the game, it's like the bullets dont make any impact.

The animations when an enemy dies are really dull and the textures look so low-res compared to other games such as Q3 and UT.

Everyone hated Soldier of Fortune for the Dreamcast for its shitty loading times, but if you play it using DreamShell from CF card its so much faster..now thats the better shooter imo.
The way the shotgun pumps with agression and the limbs flying off.. that makes you feel the impact.
Compared to that HL1 feels more like a first person Resident Evil.
Thats why I like the Brutal Half-Life mod, because it brings back some of the agression to the weapons.
But I guess I was just spoiled by skipping HL1 when I was young and playing HL2 first lol.

Texture's low res compared to quake 3 ? and UT .. There not there much higher lol..

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#50 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:08 pm

Finally got my GDemu working smoothly again, and had to try this one out - VERY impressed by the framerate and load times, it's amazing what a couple more frames can do for playability. I have a curious issue I wanna run past everyone.

I'm using the V2 download; aside from some load screen geometry disappearing (does not impact the gameplay) I've noticed one of the characters will speak normally before their voice slows down dramatically - almost like the sample rate of the voice clips dropped like a rock. This persists across the intro and for every instance that this character's active, it seems.

Here's the video showcasing it happening.