Unsung (Wolf4SDL mod) coming to the Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

VasiliyRS
Uber

Unsung (Wolf4SDL mod) coming to the Dreamcast

Post#1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:03 am

Do you like Wolfenstein 3D ? it doesnt matter because you'll like new mod based on Wolfenstein 3D(Wolf4SDL mod) is gonna to be released for Dreamcast too by december this year .
Look for the rest here :
http://www.moddb.com/mods/unsung/news/u ... mcast-port
Last edited by VasiliyRS on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Re: Unsung(Wolf4SDL mod) coming to the Dreamcast

Post#2 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:45 pm

That's great news ! It was a good game for it's time so should be a blast to play it on the DC.

Vasiliy, what's happening to the DC modding scene ? It seems busier than ever before with some excellent projects on the go.

Do you think we'll see some Windows CE ports in the future ? Is that possible ?

Whatever, it's happy days for Dreamcast fans at the moment :)

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#3 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:24 pm

what's happening to the DC modding scene ?

Yes, it's very active nowadays. Several awesome projects (free and commercial) are expected to be released soon.
Do you think we'll see some Windows CE ports in the future ? Is that possible ?

It's possible but we need source code of a game and people with programming skills. I'd like to see some port through dc wince sdk but ... it's not easy task to make it real.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Also this is something I was not sure of, it was a Windows CE loader for Dreamcast. Anybody know how this works?

And yeah, I think after the Dreamcast turned 10 it brought many long time fans back to the scene and many new people like myself that have only just discovered what the DC can really do in the last 3 years.

Btw great mod, I love this already it is looking pretty good, and since it is WW1 themed and not WW2, it should be VERY unique!

Thanks for the news Vasiliy!

VasiliyRS
Uber

Re: Unsung (Wolf4SDL mod) coming to the Dreamcast

Post#5 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Unfortunately the Dreamcast port is not ready for release. Work is still ongoing though. Originally it had been hoped that both the Dreamcast and PC versions could be released simultaneously but, since the Dreamcast port was not ready it was decided to release them separately. Do not give up hope though, the last of the major bugs was fixed recently and now only a number of small bugs remain to be removed, so you should see the Dreamcast port soon.

Source: http://www.moddb.com/mods/unsung/news/u ... -complete/

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Still waiting for this thanks for the news update man.

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#7 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Have You Forgotten it? Anyway the port is released now and you can read an announcement and download it by this link:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/unsung/news/u ... mcast-port

Gameplay video:

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#8 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Dead. That one word perfectly describes the current status of the Dreamcast port of Unsung. Now that the bad news has been dealt with, here is some good news. The incomplete and probably never to be completed port is now released and up for download. I had wanted to finish this awhile back but little work has been put into it the last eight months, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. As it currently stands the cutscenes still don't function and the frame rate is rather low. This port really can't be recommended but here it is.

well that's too bad...