Sega RPG

Re: Elysian Shadows

Post#261 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:09 pm

And Redux 2? Nada about that one too.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#262 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 am

DCGX wrote:I thought they had an agreement with Watermelon that Watermelon would produce all the physical items? Of course, that was before Tulio left Watermelon.

Yea they did, but if there is no money to pay Watermelon, then they have no reason to uphold their end of that agreement.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#263 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:23 am

True. I was just saying.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#264 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Nico0020 wrote:Yea they did, but if there is no money to pay Watermelon, then they have no reason to uphold their end of that agreement.

Unless who ever produces the game keeps the any income from sales. Then maybe a physical copy would happens. But I'm sure Falco will want more money.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#265 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 pm

i actually messaged falco on dcemulation last week saying that when he finds himself out of his unfortunate situation he's in, his talents are really needed for real non-commercial homebrews

i didn't buy ES, so i don't have a dog in the fight, but i've seen a particle physics demo i THINK he did awhile back using KOS, and it was very impressive. so its a shame he can't just do some reasonable scale homebrew like a port of duke3d or heretic\hexen etc without brutally pissing off his backers
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#266 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 pm

The Elysian Shadows game still hasn't even gotten to the point of letting people play the beta yet... or the alpha, right? There's next to no content in the game, just a partially completed game engine. The last update officially posted to Kickstarter about this Elysian Shadows project was posted on January 31, 2017. At least some other projects or organizations such as GOAT Store Publishing will let you cancel your pre-order or pledge and get a refund.

The comments posted lately about Elysian Shadows on its Kickstarter comments page would be laugh-out-loud hilarious if the situation wasn't so awful.

You can pretty much say goodbye to your money. Was looking forward to it. But now all he does is say without producing anything. Then goes on a rant about people putting the project and himself down. Well how about just admit defeat and tell the fkn truth. It's never coming to fruition. His ego is hurting the community.

https://twitter.com/elysian_shadows For all those who don't know, pretty much all the updates and video are his twitter page.

Between this and Paprium from Watermelon, it has soured my view on crowdfunding for games. Optimistic about getting this game one day (which i backed at the collectors level) but the reality is we probably all lost our money.

I agree, the lack of communication is unacceptable. I won't be funding any more of these projects until there is a actual product available to purchase.

If anyone cares they are still posting regular updates and streams on Facebook fairly frequently. Is the game coming close to completion? Hard to tell but they are still working very hard on it. Check out their Facebook page.

looks like he stop doing streams on Facebook the last one was like a month ago

Yeah, Falco's not mentally stable, I posted sarcastically on his Facebook about how the ES backers don't care about VMU emulation and that we wanted to hear an update on the game.

He proceeded to rant at me over Facebook Messenger for a day, it was frightening. He admitted that he doesn't even follow the KS site anymore because he thinks it's "toxic" because backers are still waiting for a game that was promised to be delivered in 2015.

No faith in this guy to fulfill his promise.

lol so Falco went on a rant again on a stream about our complaints.. He also admitted they have zero money and the game has moved on from what we originally backed. So I doubt we'll actually get the collectors editions we pledged for as they haze zero money to pay for manufacturing. Great stuff.

he also said no refunds. brilliant.

Will the discontinuation of the OUYA store cause an another unexpected delay to the game?

JK LOL We're never getting the game because Falco is a thief.

Want to prove the haters wrong? PUBLISH THE GAME

I invoke my rights under Kickstarter's Terms of Use:

https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use/oct2012

"Project Creators are required to fulfill all rewards of their successful fundraising campaigns or refund any Backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill."

I demand a full refund for my pledge amount.

It'd be cool to get our money. Oh well. That's gambling...I mean kickstarting

More comments are here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1945059142/elysian-shadows-next-gen-2d-rpg/comments

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#267 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:23 am

He mostly (or rather only) posts on his personal Facebook now. There you can find out he recently became a father (congrats for that), which obviously means whatever progress he's been making has now been reduced even more. So I wouldn't expect any big updates any time soon.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#268 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:19 pm

This game just isnt happening. The backers are pissed, and rightfully so. Everything was handled so poorly. The toolkit looks interesting, and at this point the best he could do to smooth things over with the community is release his toolkit and move on.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#269 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:54 pm

Falco is a crook. I wouldn't be surprised in any or all Kickstarter money went to his college degree, then his hair transplant thing, then his wedding, then his honeymoon and now this kid. We aren't see our money (I'm in for around $120) and it's one reason I don't support Kickstarters anymore.

Return to “New Games”