SLaVE

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Cornerb0y
stalker

Re: SLaVE

Post#371 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:56 pm

Nz17 wrote:As promised for June 2020:
Nz17 wrote:Hello Dan. This is Nz17. I was wondering if you're going to be having a Black Friday sale over at the GOAT Store that you could tell me about or let me know where to look and when to find out later. I'd really appreciate that. Thank you and have a great month!

Dan wrote:Unfortunately, we are not planning to this year. While we still want to make GOAT Store work as best as possible, we are finding ourselves really short on time between MGC and various other projects (including SLaVE production ;-) ) that keeps stealing it, so while we'd love to really get it moving, we don't want to end up doing so at the expense of everything else.

Nz17 wrote:Wow! Is that production as in only software development, or is it now printing manuals, printing paper case inserts, ordering CD jewel cases, pressing CD-ROM's, and/or shrink-wrapping cases? Might we the public, dare I say it, be able to play the game within the next few months?

Dan wrote:Are you not on the mailing list for the game?

We got what I thought was the final version about maybe six weeks ago now, and then found a single stupid, major bug (like, you would play four levels and the next level would load and you could walk around, but the lights were completely off and it was somehow unbeatable...)

Anyway, I now have what I think is the final version here, so we're focused on finishing that up. If you don't have it in hand before the next MGC, I swear I'm going to lose my mind ;-)

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but this is the exact information that anyone who has pre-ordered this game already had. They even stated in the email asking if you were on the mailing list...

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#372 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:01 am

I guess I was taken off the mailing list when I cancelled my preorder, but yeah, this still isn't really news. Until the game is physically in the hands of those that have yet to cancel their preorders, I'll still consider it vaporware.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#373 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:27 pm

Yeah, I hope that bug is not an endless affair again. Still not convinced thought.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#374 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:18 am

DCGX wrote:I guess I was taken off the mailing list when I cancelled my preorder, but yeah, this still isn't really news. Until the game is physically in the hands of those that have yet to cancel their preorders, I'll still consider it vaporware.
Is that a new email message? Guess I was taken off the mailing list since I cancelled. Have the devs posted anything in like the past year, or has all communication been from Dan at TGS?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Cornerb0y
stalker

Post#375 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:14 am

The last email I got was from 9/9/19. They've been completely silent since then.

Cornerb0y
stalker

Post#376 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:44 am

Welp, next week will mark a year since the last response....lets see how this goes.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#377 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:49 am

I'm guessing it goes nowhere.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#378 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:22 pm

TheGoatStore is not innocent in this either. I appreciate that they refunded me, as that's the bare minimum. But they are also keeping radio silence about this nonsense while continuing to have the game up for pre-order.

Cornerb0y
stalker

Post#379 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Nico0020 wrote:TheGoatStore is not innocent in this either. I appreciate that they refunded me, as that's the bare minimum. But they are also keeping radio silence about this nonsense while continuing to have the game up for pre-order.

Exactly. You would think during the pandemic we would get a lot more updates, but considering they've been radio silent, and the Slave page is gone, it's just crazy.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#380 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:23 am

Nico0020 wrote:TheGoatStore is not innocent in this either. I appreciate that they refunded me, as that's the bare minimum. But they are also keeping radio silence about this nonsense while continuing to have the game up for pre-order.

Do they have that much involvement outside of selling the game? I agree, though, they should've taken down the preorder a long, long time ago.

Return to “New Games”