SLaVE

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: SLaVE

Post#331 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:20 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Well if they cant fix it or dont have the time in good faith make it open src to the public so we can try why not

Yeah or goat dan should get another dev to take over perhaps. Surely there is something fundamentally wrong with the game engine?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#332 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:35 am

Amazing to me how many of these never get even to a playble state.. before you say your going to do it you should test to see if it's even possible I have been ask to port games for money i could of taken the job strung it out over 6 months .. but ive been up front said it never work or be useable.. Got to test this out have it working before doing kick starters and all this.. I'm not saying i could fix it i think they said memory leaks or something not easy to find other then starting from the start seeing when the problem happen..

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#333 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:31 pm

I still really hope to see this game. Even though it is taking a long time. To me it looks genuinely fun compared to some of the other games people make. And the fact that you can get a rebate unlike any crowdfunding is a huge difference.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#334 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:34 pm

If I where trying to make a game and it took me a long time where everyone was bashing it. I would honestly say f*ck it and stop working on it. At that point I would not want to release my work publicly ether, if people are being rude.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#335 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:38 pm

It's not being rude when the dev kept saying it's out this month for sure and no word for a year later. put out a time limted demo or something for the supports to play and try ..

game looks very cool but nothing really that could not be done with a quake 1 mod with mr neos opengl 640x480 quake engine

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#336 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Yes, its the lack of any communication and updates. Just an apparently endlessly hidden bug that they cannot find? I liked the game too. I just honestly think it will not see the light of day. Another dev on Facebook told me it was wise to get that refund. He said hypertension was not being worked on either. But yes, fingers crossed it is released some day. I will get some of josh prods stuff for now.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#337 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:39 am

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:If I where trying to make a game and it took me a long time where everyone was bashing it. I would honestly say f*ck it and stop working on it. At that point I would not want to release my work publicly ether, if people are being rude.

As the others said, this isn't about bashing the game (the game does and always has looked cool), it's bashing the handling. This game was announced for release three months (or so) after its announcement and they immediately took preorders for two different versions. That was years ago, and the lack of communication is whats driving the negative perception.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#338 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:23 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they released Jay Townsend's SLaVE within the next six months.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#339 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:04 pm

What leads you to believe that? Because every indication would lead the rest of us to believe it will never release.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#340 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:05 pm

DCGX wrote:What leads you to believe that? Because every indication would lead the rest of us to believe it will never release.

Yes, perhaps if another dev took a look at the code they could tell if its salvageable or not. It sure could be a fun game but I suspect the engine is buggered.

Return to “New Games”