Xenocider/Project Q

Moderators: VasiliyRS, deluxux

User avatar
DCGX
Power Stone
Posts: 594

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#421 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:20 pm

Got my copy yesterday! I only had enough time late last night to play into the first level after the tutorial, and I won't have time to play any games for another two weeks with work, but I liked what I played so far! I can't wait to try the Twin Sticks, because jump being default mapped to the "Y" button takes getting used too (though I understand the choice). And I like easter eggs, but the floating Dreamcasts do take me out of the excellent atmosphere. I also need to frame that poster.

sgmx
drunken sailor
Posts: 162

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#422 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:31 pm

Not easy at all to adapt to the game play like moving with the triggers and aiming with the stick, I guess it requires a lot of practice :)
But I really like it, quite professional.

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 3334
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#423 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:23 pm

Really nice smooth and runs like a retail game amazing work using kos built on the shoulders of giants with out kos none of this is possible..

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 345
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#424 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:47 pm

DCGX wrote:Got my copy yesterday! I only had enough time late last night to play into the first level after the tutorial, and I won't have time to play any games for another two weeks with work, but I liked what I played so far! I can't wait to try the Twin Sticks, because jump being default mapped to the "Y" button takes getting used too (though I understand the choice). And I like easter eggs, but the floating Dreamcasts do take me out of the excellent atmosphere. I also need to frame that poster.


You know you can fully customize controls in the Options menu, don't you ;)

sgmx wrote:Not easy at all to adapt to the game play like moving with the triggers and aiming with the stick, I guess it requires a lot of practice :)
But I really like it, quite professional.


It does. But just like arcade games from the time, it's all matter of practice, and learning enemy patterns. Then the game becomes so much easier.

Ian Micheal wrote:Really nice smooth and runs like a retail game amazing work using kos built on the shoulders of giants with out kos none of this is possible..


Man, you really are a KOS crusade :D

It features way more content than most retail games on the console's catalogue, if you ask me!

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 3334
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#425 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:55 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:
DCGX wrote:Got my copy yesterday! I only had enough time late last night to play into the first level after the tutorial, and I won't have time to play any games for another two weeks with work, but I liked what I played so far! I can't wait to try the Twin Sticks, because jump being default mapped to the "Y" button takes getting used too (though I understand the choice). And I like easter eggs, but the floating Dreamcasts do take me out of the excellent atmosphere. I also need to frame that poster.


You know you can fully customize controls in the Options menu, don't you ;)

sgmx wrote:Not easy at all to adapt to the game play like moving with the triggers and aiming with the stick, I guess it requires a lot of practice :)
But I really like it, quite professional.


It does. But just like arcade games from the time, it's all matter of practice, and learning enemy patterns. Then the game becomes so much easier.

Ian Micheal wrote:Really nice smooth and runs like a retail game amazing work using kos built on the shoulders of giants with out kos none of this is possible..


Man, you really are a KOS crusade :D

It features way more content than most retail games on the console's catalogue, if you ask me!


I think all people that use and make something with kos should at lest say so.. There was a lot of kos bashing not long ago by people thinking katana is the answer..
:) i guess i kinda of I'm but just grateful to have such homebrew devkit like this that we can use..

Chui has always been a hero of mine i followed his work back when he first came to the scene we use to talk way back before he started on neo4all when i was doing neogeo cd.. he does amazing work and I have learned a lot from his coding releases...

I guess i would like people to know the 10000's of hours people put into kos so this is possible it would not of been posible on say kos 1.1x or even kos1.3 100's of hours blue crab and many others put into it so people like me and your team have a stable base to build a game on .. Pretty sure giving credit to the founders like dan and many others is not a bad thing..

We should always thank the people of the past for what we have now..

User avatar
DCGX
Power Stone
Posts: 594

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#426 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:04 am

hombreimaginario wrote:
DCGX wrote:Got my copy yesterday! I only had enough time late last night to play into the first level after the tutorial, and I won't have time to play any games for another two weeks with work, but I liked what I played so far! I can't wait to try the Twin Sticks, because jump being default mapped to the "Y" button takes getting used too (though I understand the choice). And I like easter eggs, but the floating Dreamcasts do take me out of the excellent atmosphere. I also need to frame that poster.


You know you can fully customize controls in the Options menu, don't you ;)

I did not, because I didn't mess around enough, but good to know!

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 345
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#427 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:19 pm

You asked for Xenocider digital editions and we listened. Xara’s unforgiving, 60-fps shooting adventure is now available on a variety of image file formats!

https://retrosumus.com/2021/03/xenocide ... -shipping/

Oh yeah, we are also offering free shipping on all remaining physical editions!

Image

User avatar
dubcity
Vagabond
Posts: 755

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#428 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:46 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:You asked for Xenocider digital editions and we listened. Xara’s unforgiving, 60-fps shooting adventure is now available on a variety of image file formats!

https://retrosumus.com/2021/03/xenocide ... -shipping/

Oh yeah, we are also offering free shipping on all remaining physical editions!

Image


Wonderful!!! Purchasing the digital deluxe now.

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 345
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#429 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:03 pm

dubcity wrote:Wonderful!!! Purchasing the digital deluxe now.


You've got mail ;)

User avatar
DarkSynbios
Cracked LCD
Posts: 405
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#430 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:52 am

I hope people who buy the game via digital to keep game for themselves and not upload it on another sites if that possible.This will be a respect to team who make a hard work to bring Xenocider to us.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users