Xenocider/Project Q

Moderators: VasiliyRS, deluxux

fafadou
Metallic
Posts: 813

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#431 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:44 am

The problem is the same with physics version.
But now, the one who release the iso, lost the value of his own version. Hope it will be enough.

shenhulahula
undertow
Posts: 27

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#432 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:21 pm

Bought the physical version already and enjoy it very much! I would however be interested in buying an additional digital version so I can play the game through the SD card serial port on my second Dreamcast if it works. Can the game be played through SD serial port, and if so, which format of CDI, NRG or IMG should I pick? I currently only use GDI files on it.

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 345
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#433 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:19 pm

DarkSynbios wrote:I hope people who buy the game via digital to keep game for themselves and not upload it on another sites if that possible.This will be a respect to team who make a hard work to bring Xenocider to us.


Honestly it's going to be pirated sooner or later, so we'd rather give people a legal option to be cool and support the devs.
We can only hope there will be a minimum respect.

shenhulahula wrote:Bought the physical version already and enjoy it very much! I would however be interested in buying an additional digital version so I can play the game through the SD card serial port on my second Dreamcast if it works. Can the game be played through SD serial port, and if so, which format of CDI, NRG or IMG should I pick? I currently only use GDI files on it.


Digital versin is available in all those formats. If you use GDI, I'd suggest CDI, then :)

sgmx
drunken sailor
Posts: 164

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#434 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:14 am

I was wondering what is the game booklet for the digital deluxe edition ?
It is a bit sad that it was not proposed to the people who bought the pal and steelbook limited edition, may be it would be nice to propose for download for free to the owners of these limited edition ?

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 345
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#435 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:04 pm

sgmx wrote:I was wondering what is the game booklet for the digital deluxe edition ?
It is a bit sad that it was not proposed to the people who bought the pal and steelbook limited edition, may be it would be nice to propose for download for free to the owners of these limited edition ?


It is the same booklet that's included in the physical editions... :?

And we could not possibly offer what we didn't even know we were going to release. This was a decision made WAY after the limited editions were sold out. Which by the way include more content than the rest. :D
Last edited by hombreimaginario on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sgmx
drunken sailor
Posts: 164

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#436 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:33 pm

Oh you mean the 2 pages ? I was thinking it is like an art book or something like this, so this is also included in the special edition actually.
But when you say the Limited edition contains » much more content », well vs the special edition the only thing that differs is the box and the (nice :)) poster, a small card visit with the number you have that is signed by the team, I wouldn’t call that much more content.
Anyway don’t take it as a complaint I’m happy with my limited steelbook one but I was expecting a bit more content compared to the special edition, so when I saw digital booklet I thought it was something else than bigger than these 2 pages.
Thanks again for this great game

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 345
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#437 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:10 pm

sgmx wrote:Oh you mean the 2 pages ? I was thinking it is like an art book or something like this, so this is also included in the special edition actually.
But when you say the Limited edition contains » much more content », well vs the special edition the only thing that differs is the box and the (nice :)) poster, a small card visit with the number you have that is signed by the team, I wouldn’t call that much more content.
Anyway don’t take it as a complaint I’m happy with my limited steelbook one but I was expecting a bit more content compared to the special edition, so when I saw digital booklet I thought it was something else than bigger than these 2 pages.
Thanks again for this great game


The poster, the hand-numbered card and the much more expensive to find/produce PAL cases are what makes makes it, well, more expensive, along with the fact that we cut the PAL covers by hand and even sealed then one by one ourselves, manually.

Steelbooks were also vinyl-labeled manually, then sealed with a "certificate of awesomeness" sticker we decided to add in order to make them a bit more unique looking. Every edition features something different, as our THANK YOU to those who decided to trust us with their hard-earned money when the project was still in its early stages.

Also, it's the hand-numbered card what makes limited editions sought-after by collectors, whether we like that or not :/

PAL edition features the same booklet as the regular and the digital one, btw. Special and Steelbook feature a shorter leaflet simply because the pages are bigger, so the content fits in a smaller number of pages.

sgmx
drunken sailor
Posts: 164

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#438 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:11 am

Thanks for all the details and sorry if you feel I’m nitpicking :(
Again congrats for this great achievement and I hope all the positive feedback will motivate you for a new project :)
What happened to Ameba ? Have you definitively abandoned it ?

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 345
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#439 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:22 am

sgmx wrote:Thanks for all the details and sorry if you feel I’m nitpicking :(
Again congrats for this great achievement and I hope all the positive feedback will motivate you for a new project :)
What happened to Ameba ? Have you definitively abandoned it ?

No worries at all. I know sometimes I can get a bit on the defensive side but that's only because I'm a bit stressed after answering like a thousand eamils and posts a day xD

Ameba is indefinitely on hold. We couldn't find an artist who would be committed enough to creating the tons of original artwork needed to make it a reality while, well, not getting any money for it until the game is released. We made Xenocider in our free time with no budget, after all.

We have 3 other potential projects in the pipeline, though. Once most of the physical copies of Xenocider are sold, we can get back to work and maybe announce what the next one will be :)

sgmx
drunken sailor
Posts: 164

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#440 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:36 pm

ok a bit sad for ameba, it was promising :)
I hope the rest of the copies will sell well and we'll see retrosmusus back in the scene again.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users