Xenocider/Project Q

Moderator: VasiliyRS

User avatar
dubcity
chill
Posts: 302

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#371 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:26 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:​The game is finally done :D

Here you have a video preview of one of the latest builds!
https://youtu.be/8voUczPGcEw


awesome! Can't wait to play it.

Only physical copies are planned for now.

There is one method we might-whoknows-perhaps use in case there was enough demand for CDI downloads for GDemu, though. But we'll see.


devs of another indie game called FLEA! that just came out sold physical copies and digital code from itch.io all for one price

bitmap bureau that made xenocrisis sold digital copies for a price and the download package included gdi/cdi/album covers

fafadou
Dreamcast Swirl
Posts: 531

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#372 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:00 am

Can't wait to receive my copy !

User avatar
DCGX
Dreamcast Swirl
Posts: 523

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#373 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:42 am

YAY!! I, also, can't wait to receive my copy! Congrats!

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 326
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#374 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:37 pm

dubcity wrote:
bitmap bureau that made xenocrisis sold digital copies for a price and the download package included gdi/cdi/album covers


We are fully aware. :roll: I bought their game digitally.

But there's a huge difference. Their main business is NOT the DC. They're making money out of the Steam, PS4 and specially Switch releases. They also released Mega Drive and Neo Geo physical editions. They don't really care (that much) if the DC version gets spread like butter all over the internet. Their game is not even copy-protected at all.

This is a radically different situation. Our Kickstarter compaign was cancelled, we had no "backers" as such, and we decided to create a game specifically designed for the DC. All assets, engine, etc are DC only. There's no "higher res" version waiting. We don't have the PS4/Switch/Steam prospect. This is it. So we (obviously) need to be extra careful.

We do have a plan now, though. Digital downloads will come. But we need some time to distribute all the (planned) physical copies first. Then, a certain announcement will be made.

:geek:

User avatar
dubcity
chill
Posts: 302

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#375 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:52 pm

We are fully aware. :roll: I bought their game digitally.

But there's a huge difference. Their main business is NOT the DC. They're making money out of the Steam, PS4 and specially Switch releases. They also released Mega Drive and Neo Geo physical editions. They don't really care (that much) if the DC version gets spread like butter all over the internet. Their game is not even copy-protected at all.

This is a radically different situation. Our Kickstarter compaign was cancelled, we had no "backers" as such, and we decided to create a game specifically designed for the DC. All assets, engine, etc are DC only. There's no "higher res" version waiting. We don't have the PS4/Switch/Steam prospect. This is it. So we (obviously) need to be extra careful.

We do have a plan now, though. Digital downloads will come. But we need some time to distribute all the (planned) physical copies first. Then, a certain announcement will be made.

:geek:


I understand that piracy is a concern. It's a concern of anyone who makes software.

I also understand that you all put time and effort into making the game and would like to be compensated.

We don't distribute games made by independent developers on this site because we appreciate you and want you to continue making games for our favorite console. We protect indie devs here.

That being said I was only trying to point out what other developers are doing with their releases. You do what you want.

User avatar
dubcity
chill
Posts: 302

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#376 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:53 pm

---

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 326
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#377 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:10 am

dubcity wrote:We don't distribute games made by independent developers on this site because we appreciate you and want you to continue making games for our favorite console. We protect indie devs here.

That being said I was only trying to point out what other developers are doing with their releases. You do what you want.


I understand and appreciate both. I was only answering that we know what other devs are doing, if only because we are also players/gamers/buyers/fans. But also explainig that it's simply not the same situation for them/us. Dreamcast is not the main market for Xenocrisis, while for Flea it's kind of an afterthought (also it's not the same kind of game, by far). That's all I mean.

So, again, we do have some plans for a digital download. But we need to wait a bit for that.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding :)

User avatar
megavolt85
Developer
Posts: 745

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#378 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:36 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:
dubcity wrote:So, again, we do have some plans for a digital download. But we need to wait a bit for that.


When a film is released, it is first shown in cinemas (this is the main share of the profit), then it is released on discs and at the end sold to TV channels (by this time the film has already been stolen from discs) ;)

This is certainly not my business, but I think that first you need to sell the game on pre-orders on physical media, when the costs are covered and the sales of physical copies are settled, then sell it digitally
After about half a year, you need to release a small batch of a collector's edition, make a good design and add some additional content, poster, music ....... in general, a version for collectors

User avatar
DCGX
Dreamcast Swirl
Posts: 523

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#379 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:48 am

megavolt85 wrote:
hombreimaginario wrote:
dubcity wrote:So, again, we do have some plans for a digital download. But we need to wait a bit for that.


When a film is released, it is first shown in cinemas (this is the main share of the profit), then it is released on discs and at the end sold to TV channels (by this time the film has already been stolen from discs) ;)

This is certainly not my business, but I think that first you need to sell the game on pre-orders on physical media, when the costs are covered and the sales of physical copies are settled, then sell it digitally
After about half a year, you need to release a small batch of a collector's edition, make a good design and add some additional content, poster, music ....... in general, a version for collectors


Netflix says hi.


Also, an on-purpose, staggered release like that, especially with collector's editions coming out so much later, is going to really piss people off.

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 326
Contact:

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#380 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:12 pm

megavolt85 wrote:.

DCGX wrote:.


You guys know there are 4 different physical editions of our game available, don't you... :roll:

:lol:

Also, all preorders include an exclusive poster, and 3 of those 4 editions also feature a bonus OST disc.

Btw, Megavolt, kudos to you and your great work with Atomisware. I just became a fan of your work ;)

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users