Dead Or Alive 2: Final (RELEASE!)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Green Ranger
killer

Re: Dead Or Alive 2: Final (RELEASE!)

Post#201 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:02 pm

SMiTH wrote:
Green Ranger wrote:For texture edits, the 1st_read.bin isn't modified. Each character model has a set of files which correspond to each individual costume. Within that set of files, a character's .BIN file houses the textures. By extracting them from the .BIN, you can edit them. Each character also has a .CHR file which houses the 3d model (that can be modified as well).

So if you renamed the character bin files that have the edited costumes, also rename the .chr files, then edit a 1st_read with the renamed files.
you could then do this process for multiple 1st_read's and then use ginsu or dreamon to make a disk with multiple texture mods on one disk. You could select which 1st_read to load and all of the modded files are located on same disk.

That will cause the game to crash.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#202 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:03 pm

Green Ranger wrote:That would likely cause the game to crash.

maybe? you will not know unless you try.
im leaning towards it working.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#203 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:33 pm

Amazing too see The New 42 with a huge maximum release! Well apart from including the Retail Vanilla no please nooooo! Purpose off making The New 42 get players away from playing that first USA Version & Barebones LE. Today still having that uphill battle to get one more person to play. Like OMG This Series has been Searchable for the past year now!? No more answering questions. Ain't my fault don't own a Patreons with a Discord Clan having a huge ego on Twitter & Twitch upon not delivering after months on ends! Drama Over.

Dead or Alive 2 - Wishful Mags.png
Dead or Alive 2 - Wishful Mags.png (141.96 KiB) Viewed 3564 times

The Final Timeline

Final 2021/Tengu Edition, The Final Rehash, Loving Twice, Five By Five, Twenty Eight.

One Zero, Wishful Mags, Code Chronus, All Bets Are Off, 42 O'Clock.

The Prequel Timeline

Time Ninja, Loving Infinity, 7th Heaven, Cloud 9, End The 28, Action 28, Vanilla Bonkers & soon Chapter 19.

The Vanilla Timeline

The New 42.

Three Timeline Builds. 1ST_READ.BIN & OPN_SNG.ADX in DOA2 Folder, those two only ones I edit when get to the next new build up. So you can't really have it all on one disc. Okay don't have full knowledge on how to make full bundle Dream On game menu disc. Play in order be great though.

Okay one thing I can do though that is Chapter 19. Scripting that one up right now so please play Chapter 17 & 18!

https://archive.org/details/@cpldwaynehicks11

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#204 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:30 pm

KasumiDive05.jpg

Dead or Alive 2: Dive The 42!

CDI

https://archive.org/details/dead-or-ali ... 2-2023-cdi

GDI

https://archive.org/details/dead-or-ali ... 2-2023-gdi

The New 42 Continues On With Chapter 19.

Clashing Up Three Timelines Together!

Almost.

Kasumi 05 Hex Number Crashes The Game Up. That's On Tina & Lei-Fang Story Mode Character Opponents Hex Sets.

Couple Spelling Mistakes & A Broken CGI Gallery Past Few Chapters.

So Share, Support & Please Enjoy This Series.

Had This Mega Final Crisis Story Just Waiting To Be Told. So What's Done Is Done For The Dreamcast Now.

I'm Taking A Super Long Rest Now, Five By Five!
Last edited by Dirge Of Ram on Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#205 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:34 am

here is a sample of the mod I was referring to earlier.

DOA_TEST.rar

https://mega.nz/file/dUxmGSgB#WFVgNmFas ... 5MYDDFSbH8

I added these mods to a .cdi:

DOA2 No Mods
Time Ninja
Love Twice

The .cdi is only 522mb so you could add all of the custom DOA2 mods on one disk.
If you wanted to save more space there is plenty you could do.

This is what you do.
Rename the modded filenames and then edit the 1st_read with the new filenames.
Next rename each 1st_read i.e mod01.bin, mod02.bin, etc.

I did not mod the sort order with the new added files.
So if you were to make a .cdi with all the mods on it, you would want to customize the sort order with the new added files.

You should probably use DreamOn instead of GINSU since it will allow you to load way more bins.
GINSU stops at 34 bins.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#206 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:12 pm

Thank You SMiTH. I had ago on NullDC very cool what could be but the soundtrack remains the same on all THREE! Way to swap the OPN_SNG.ADX in DOA2 Folder over too. Knew there be a cloud over this all new for me too understand right now, thanks again.

I'll keep pulling out everything from the hat to get more playing this today. I like to see this series going forwards in any kind of form.

"Yeah I''ll Play This Mod Sure Thing! Oh Wait This Doesn't Work On My Redream" Huh?! Nah More Like This Is Way Too Awesome For My Dreamcast Too Showcase On My Channel. I'll Keep Footing Up The 2000 Vanilla While Pretending This Is Still Awesome Today For My Viewers.

The New 42 For Today! OMG Wish Had This Ten to Twenty Years ago! Twitch VTubers?! Ugh Blah!

I kinda don't have the plain files to the early chapters right now went ahead myself. I always back up yes in this case was over saving CDIs & GDIs over the plain 1ST_Read.BIN files each time.

What I can do is Chapter 20 which I am slowly burning through the script right now.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#207 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:38 pm

Green Ranger wrote:That will cause the game to crash.

It works. :)

Dirge Of Ram wrote:Thank You SMiTH. I had ago on NullDC very cool what could be but the soundtrack remains the same on all THREE! Way to swap the OPN_SNG.ADX in DOA2 Folder over too.

If you're also modding the sound files (OPN_SNG.ADX), downsample them and then do the same thing of renaming the adx and editing the new filename in the 1st read. If you wanted, you could fit all of these mods on one disk.

It would be better to use DreamON and not GINSU because of the bin limit in GINSU.
DreamON would allow you to use over 34 bins i.e (more than 34 doa2 mods)

I used GINSU to show you a quick sample of how the mod would work.
DreamON does essentially the same, but there are a few more cfg files to edit.
Also DreamOn has a fancy menu that you can add gfx to etc.

Here is some info for ya about the mod.

Root Folder:

GINSU.ini:

Code: Select all

[GINSU]
Ginsu.FirstApp                  = MANIFEST
Ginsu.DefaultApp                = MANIFEST
Ginsu.XferExecutable            = \GINXFER.BIN

[MANIFEST]
Ginsu.Path                      = \
Ginsu.Command                   = \MANIFEST.BIN

[GINRESET]
Ginsu.Command                   = \GINRESET.BIN

[ORIG]
Ginsu.Command                   = \ORIG.BIN
Manifest.Name                   = "DOA2 NO MODS"

[01]
Ginsu.Command                   = \01.BIN
Manifest.Name                   = "TIME NINJA"

[02]
Ginsu.Command                   = \02.BIN
Manifest.Name                   = "LOVING TWICE"

DOA2 Folder:

1st_read edit:

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#208 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:22 pm

Countdown Now Over.

KasumiFinalStory20.jpg

Dead or Alive 2: Fiction Of Life!

CDI

https://archive.org/details/dead-or-ali ... e-2023-cdi

GDI

https://archive.org/details/dead-or-ali ... e-2023-gdi

The New 42 Continues On With Chapter 20.

Has Evil Vanilla Hayate Truly Made It To The Final Timeline?!

Final Crisis Now Reached The Dead or Alive Universe.

Hope You Enjoyed My Grant Morrison Style Of Writing For This Amazing Story Mode Week!

So Please Enjoy, Share, Support & Lets Keep Going With Our Dreamcast Throughout 2023.

Four In One Week, That's Four Original Scripts Written Up For You All. Hard*Core On Your Dreamcast Today, how much more perfection.

Five By Five!

SMiTH, Saved everything down you said. You have the much better mindset & the tools to do this better then me. You are Super League doesn't mean I'll take one shot at it just no guarantees.

I'll start the campaign on The Dreamcast Junkyard Blog update the article once again. 20 Chapters now we in The New 42 Era with Three Builds afterall. Alot more different compare to last Summer last update.

https://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/ ... t.html?m=0

Onwards To Chapter 21.

MrJodyM
noob

Post#209 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:40 pm

Hello. Love the DOA2FINAL. I hope I am posting in correct spot as I am new. On my Android, A message comes up saying "Flash Internet Settings Adjuster". I clicked the box and lost Redream. Had to reload. Retroarch in android simply shows splash screen with Green Ranger logo only. Reicast in Android opens games fully! In computer, redream will not open it. I am most interested in opening on Android Redream as I upgraded to the 4K ability. All my other games work with Redream. Is something missing?

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#210 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:45 pm

MrJodyM, I want nothing more to get more playing definitely with the Final Crisis Chapters. I've been giving them my all just that everyone way too busy to play them this past week, I'm So Sad.

All last year I got the same message "Not Working On My Redream" to "Not Working On My Xbox Series". Okay is it both the CDI & GDI not working for Redream? Okay you made a CHD, that's all new to me don't have Xbox Series. Don't know about the ins & outs off Redream, Retroarch, Reicast just don't know.

Flycast & Nulldc the CDIs work fine on them. I can only can find people with Dreamcast emulators to play Dead or Alive 2!

Redream says supports CDI & GDI right here. https://redream.io/help

The "Flash Internet Settings Adjuster" is a program designed to view and alter the ISP configuration parameters saved in the flash rom on the Dreamcast motherboard by Dreamcast browsers.

Just Have No Idea. I do hope someone here can clear this Redream issue up would certainly help or just find alternate to play.