Post#211 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:36 am

The Post Final Crisis Arc.

TinaCurse04.jpg

Dead or Alive 2: Cursed Danger!

CDI

https://archive.org/details/dead-or-ali ... r-2023-cdi

GDI

https://archive.org/details/dead-or-ali ... r-2023-gdi

The New 42 Continues On With Chapter 21.

After The Complete Destruction Off The Prequel & Final Timelines.

Final Ryu Hayabusa, Jann-Lee, Gen-Fu & Lei-Fang Drop Into The Vanilla Timeline.

Evil Vanilla Hayate Way Ahead On His Schedule.

His Set To Take Them All Out!

So Please Support, Share, Enjoy & Help Keep This Mod Series Going!

Called This One Cursed Danger Due To The Struggles! Keep On Making Them Until My Dreamcast Snaps.

Even If Can't Get No One To Play At All, Love Writing Up For These Characters Anyways!

Five By Five.

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Re: Dead Or Alive 2: Final (RELEASE!)

Post#212 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:58 pm

Very good!

MrJodyM
noob

Post#213 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:53 pm

thank you for quick response. I will look further into it...in the meantime, Reicast works PERFECTLY!!! Bottom line, who cares if one EMU does not work. Between them all, I have noticed some work for some games and others for other games....so I am content with switching EMU to play any given Dreamcast game! The work On DOA FINAL is absolutely SPECTACTULAR!!!!!!!!!! If I find a way to run it on Redream, I will post...

AND!!!! I AM GETTING THE NEW ONE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! EXCITED TO CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#214 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:43 pm

MrJodyM wrote:thank you for quick response. I will look further into it...in the meantime, Reicast works PERFECTLY!!! Bottom line, who cares if one EMU does not work. Between them all, I have noticed some work for some games and others for other games....so I am content with switching EMU to play any given Dreamcast game! The work On DOA FINAL is absolutely SPECTACTULAR!!!!!!!!!! If I find a way to run it on Redream, I will post...

AND!!!! I AM GETTING THE NEW ONE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! EXCITED TO CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!

I did a full rebuild of the CDI DOA2 Final from post #1. On Android it's tested and working on REDREAM and FLYCAST STANDALONE. On Windows it's tested and working on DEMUL and REDREAM. It is specially built to run on EMULATORS & ODE's. Also, tested and working on GDEMU/GDMENU.

Download CDI here (246.78MB):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/adzdl5pp ... 2529.7z/fi

And make sure to install the Dreamcast BIOS.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7562&p=172836#p172908

doa2-screenshot-20230116.png
Android version of REDREAM.

Flycast Standalone v2.0 for Android installation APK is attached.
Attachments
flycast_v2.0_(Android-Public-Release).7z
Flycast Standalone v2.0 for Android installation APK
(14.77 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 16 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Green Ranger
fragger

Post#215 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:11 am

SMiTH wrote:
Green Ranger wrote:That will cause the game to crash.

It works. :)

Now that's a pleasant surprise! My concern was for it to run on original hardware- has it been tested on such? :)

MoeFoh wrote:I did a full rebuild of the CDI DOA2 Final from post 1. On Android it's working on REDREAM, FLYCAST STANDALONE and REICAST. On Windows it's working on DEMUL. It is built specially to run on EMULATORS. It will probably work on GDEMU, but has not been tested.

Please give it a test.

Thanks for taking the time to rebuild this MoeFoh. Redream's compatibility list states the Japanese version of DOA2 is playable (which is what my my Mod is based on), so I find it odd that it fails to load in both the PC and Android versions of Redream.

While your rebuild doesn't work for the PC version you did specify that it will for Android, so if anyone can test and confirm this to be working for Android, let me know here so I can update the front page with a link for Android users. :)
Last edited by Green Ranger on Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#216 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:06 am

Green Ranger wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:I did a full rebuild of the CDI DOA2 Final from post 1. On Android it's working on REDREAM, FLYCAST STANDALONE and REICAST. On Windows it's working on DEMUL. It is built specially to run on EMULATORS. It will probably work on GDEMU, but has not been tested.

Please give it a test.

Thanks for taking the time to rebuild this MoeFoh. Redream's compatibility list states the Japanese version of DOA2 is playable (which is what my my Mod is based on), so I find it odd that it fails to load in both the PC and Android versions of Redream.

While your rebuild doesn't work for the PC version you did specify that it will for Android, so if anyone can test and confirm this to be working for Android, let me know here so I can update the front page with a link for Android users. :)

Windows - are you using the Stable or Development version? We should test on both. https://redream.io/download
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Green Ranger
fragger

Post#217 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:21 am

MoeFoh wrote:Windows - are you using the Stable or Development version? We should test on both. https://redream.io/download

Tried stable version 1.50, as well as Redream v1.5.0-1022-g2e8f5ece8- neither load the game.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#218 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:23 pm

The New 42, I've made Five for you all this very month to play in Correct Chronicle order! Getting everyone to play these one way or the other like my number one goal right now. Now Playing the real Revival like said before this is now our Dead or Alive: Hard*Core for your Dreamcast today!

I'm holding off from Chapter 22 though, I'm not stupidly burning myself out until more play so only fair. My main goal was too build up the Timelines enough once more within New 42 phase.

I was getting more Bomb Factory songs in until issues with sound on the songs. Okay with headphone volumes but not TV volume so gave some cut downs on the ending credits. Okay main deal with the soundtrack going to pretty much be the same throughout even the Jingles! ADX what a Nightmare!

Happy to see the help here, all hands on with The New 42. Lets defeat players who still play that first USA Version! That awful Xbox Ultimate version! So what Online back on?! Ultimate overall game still a massive disappointment to me as it was back in 2004!! Same goes with Halo 2 had two disappointments on that system.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#219 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:15 am

Green Ranger wrote:Now that's a pleasant surprise! My concern was for it to run on original hardware- has it been tested on such? :)

I'm willing to bet it works fine on hardware as well.

It would be cool to have all of the doa2 mods on one disk using DreamOn.
Also having a vanilla doa2 version with no mods.
You could add descriptions and an image for each mod.
This would load when selecting a doa2 mod.

The time consuming part is renaming the modded files to the exact character limit originally used, then editing them in 1st_read.
Depending how in depth the mod is and the amount of modded files, it takes time.
To save space you could downsample the audio, remove browser files, maybe more?
When the mod is complete you could then use a sort order from the actual gdi, then customize it to add in the new modded files.
This part would take more time to do as you would manually edit the sort txt. :(

It can be done.
You just have to spend the time is all.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#220 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:00 am

Green Ranger wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:Windows - are you using the Stable or Development version? We should test on both. https://redream.io/download

Tried stable version 1.50, as well as Redream v1.5.0-1022-g2e8f5ece8- neither load the game.

Install boot.bin, the real BIOS. I could get the load to fail with the built-in HLE BIOS. It works with boot.bin installed.
https://redream.io/help
Attachments
boot.bin-redream.zip
Dreamcast BIOS (dumped from my Dreamcast!)
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
- Charles Bukowski