Volgarr the Viking for Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Re: Volgarr the Viking for Dreamcast

Post#151 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:44 pm

wrathofkhan wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:Volgarr got improved?

Achievements were added similar to the xbox 1 version.

Just check it! :D

I see their adding an option graphics (Bilinear X2, Bilinear and Point) but is don't seem works well and if you change it the music effects is disappear..

Maybe is a bug something.

I hope to see a 60 fps version :D

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#152 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:18 pm

I just played it on someones else's Xbox One earlier today, and I have to say it's quite challenging. I got through level 1 in like three tries. This definitely has that learning curve by repetition. This isn't no Alien Soldier, nor Dark Souls hard.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

Grey Fox
lithium

Post#153 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Puts down Maracas and raises both hands :)

mr. jones
rebel

Post#154 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Updated:

Woah, whoops! Okay, this is embarrassing - I actually found an issue with that version I posted myself! When integrating the achievement code over to the Dreamcast codebase (from the 3DS codebase, which is what I originally made the locally-tracked achievements system for), I accidentally left in some test code that made a certain achievement never unlock, as well as a Graphics option on the pause menu that has options that don't actually work on Dreamcast (and probably break stuff if you try turning them on). Here's a version that corrects those errors:

http://www.volgarrtheviking.com/dreamca ... -10-15.zip

My bad! Hope not too many people wasted CD-R's on that last build already...

I've updated the OP.

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#155 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Thank you very much.

After reading this

http://www.destructoid.com/only-4-of-vo ... 4070.phtml

I think releasing the DC version for free is even more generous than I originally thought.

mstar
Doom

Post#156 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:14 am

Omnibot2000 wrote:Thank you very much.

After reading this

http://www.destructoid.com/only-4-of-vo ... 4070.phtml

I think releasing the DC version for free is even more generous than I originally thought.

Wow, that's really sad :(

I for one would be pretty p*ssed if i poured truckloads of work into something, just to see it _such a large percentage_ of people taking it for free...

Release the Dreamcast version already and see how many loyal fans will actually buy a copy (event though they very well may already have it...)

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#157 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:59 am

I think the DC scene woud buy a good amoun of retail versions, I know I would. Especially if they add more features to the commercial one and stop updating the old one. For now I am looking into getting this on a lightscribe disc or injet printed.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#158 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:01 pm

mr. jones wrote:Updated:

Woah, whoops! Okay, this is embarrassing - I actually found an issue with that version I posted myself! When integrating the achievement code over to the Dreamcast codebase (from the 3DS codebase, which is what I originally made the locally-tracked achievements system for), I accidentally left in some test code that made a certain achievement never unlock, as well as a Graphics option on the pause menu that has options that don't actually work on Dreamcast (and probably break stuff if you try turning them on). Here's a version that corrects those errors:

I've updated the OP.

Thanks man! I have been playing it since yesterday and I already earned 4 achievements, but I noticed it wasn't saving my settings. I just got a new controller in the mail that has no VMU slot. This controller is styled after a first gen PS1 controller. I plugged in a standard controller in the B slot to save my settings and achievements but it will not because I guess it does not support that feature.

I know we shouldn't expect them to keep working on this for us for free, but do you think you could do me a favor and ask them if it is possible to support saving to a VMU in slot 1 of controller port B? I am using this thing so it is kind of impossible to get the most out of the game while using a better D-pad.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7630&p=84027#p84027

Also, another bug to report is that the sound effects go off a lot of the time still. The music does still play but the sound effects go silent.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#159 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:40 am

mr. jones wrote:Updated:

I've updated the OP.

Updated the page.

Charlton
Anarki

Post#160 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:26 am

Im not a tec guy AT ALL. I tried downloading this to my computer then writing it to a cd-r but all that happens is the console takes me to the music screen but won't let me do anything but go back to menu. once i do it simply says please insert disc. ( once i click on the controller icon.)