kurtori’s Collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

kurtori
shadow

kurtori’s Collection

Post#1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 am

I’m a longtime lurker and Dreamcast collector, so thought it was time I showed some of my collection.
I’ve got nearly a full set of US releases, but have been selective about which Japanese and PAL titles go into my collection.

I’ve got some rare items that took me years to track down, which I’ve highlighted in some of the closeups. I’m especially proud of the US kiosk demo disc set; I think I have every unique one, including one I haven’t seen mentioned before!

Buried in the shelf photos are a small handful of repros, but only for unreleased games (Half-Life, Propeller Arena, etc). All the rest are genuine.

Some of my shelf:

More of my shelf:

Even more of my shelf (mostly jewel case-sized homebrew games & full set of Demo Discs from the UK DC Magazine). Also a few genuine Sega-pressed, DVD case-sized Japan releases.

Homebrew “DVD case-sized” Games

Dreamcast Premiere is a press kit from the UK Dreamcast debut in 2000 (not actually a game). I only have a handful of white labels in my collection and am thrilled to finally have Flintstones!

Some of my rarer Japan imports. Included here are some promotional discs: sealed Sonic Adventure Autodemo (the realtine, non-playable demo disc which contains beta & unreleased content); Sonic Adventure 2 kiosk demo disc (different content from the common Sonic Adventure 2: The Trial demo); & Jet Set Radio demo with beta content. The version here of What’s Shenmue? is the prize version from Famitsu magazine, and has an alternate cover with different catalog # on spine. System Disc 2 allows GD-Rs to play on a retail unit.

Some of the rarer North American titles in my collection. Power Stone Rental Copy was a pre-release, rental-only version with some missing content &. alternate cover art (much like Sonic Adventure Limited Edition). Speed Devils has the censored “clean” cover art with devil removed.

All three E3 1999 pressed demo discs. They look like retail Japan discs, but are actually region-free demo discs pressed in Europe. (Yup very strange indeed.). Each of these say “Sample” in Japanese in the inner ring. Also, here are my two GD-r discs.

USA kiosk demo discs. All came in generic white CD envelopes with no artwork. (UFC was actually a giveaway at a GameStop managers event & included an insert about the game - see in another photo below).

More USA kiosk demo discs. All came in generic white CD envelopes with no artwork.

More USA demo discs. Army Men and San Francisco Rush included sleeves. Demolition Racer was a free demo disc by mail direct to consumers. The orange sheet is the insert which came with the UFC demo disc.

Never seen this one mentioned Anywhere before: a US kiosk demo disc of Daytona USA. Includes fewer tracks and features than the retail version. Disc is plain silver with no printing or art, and came in a generic white sleeve.

Some of the more rare homebrew games in my collection. Frog Feast is numbered 3/100, but I believe less than ten are known to exist. The game is horrible lol. Last Hope is from the original Play-Asia hand-numbered limited edition release of 500. The Redux 2 Disc here isn’t a game: it’s actually a soundtrack for the homebrew game by Hucast which was never released. I’ve got the full DreamParaPara controller set but it’s not pictured here.
Last edited by kurtori on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: kurtori’s Collection

Post#2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Amazing collection! And just when you thought you knew about all obscure Dreamcast releases...... never heard about nor seen that Power Stone rental copy, really really cool!

kurtori
shadow

Post#3 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Thanks Wombat! Yeah, Power Stone Rental Copy is largely undocumented and not well known! That may change now haha.

kurtori
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Side by side images of Power Stone retail beside the Rental Copy version are below!

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#5 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:18 am

very nice to see someone else who has the Seaman can, do you still have the candy that came with it?
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

kurtori
shadow

Post#6 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:24 am

mazonemayu wrote:very nice to see someone else who has the Seaman can, do you still have the candy that came with it?

Yes I do :)

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#7 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:28 pm

kurtori wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:very nice to see someone else who has the Seaman can, do you still have the candy that came with it?

Yes I do :)

Me too :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#8 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Awesome collection!

kurtori
shadow

Post#9 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks Mr_V!

Treamcaster
fire

Post#10 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Dreamcast Premiere is a press kit from the UK Dreamcast debut in 2000 (not actually a game).

Has this GD been dumped and released already?

Awesome collection, wow!