BKDCRCKR's DC Collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

BKDCRCKR
lithium

BKDCRCKR's DC Collection

Post#1 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:48 am

So my mother randomly bought my brothers and I a Dreamcast when I was a kid back in its heyday around 2000. Many fond memories. Controller ports blew out one day and I got rid of it. (sorta wish I didn't) Years later in 2007 I think? I bought a used one for $20.

Been Very slowly building ever since. I'm not a super hardcore collector or gamer, I just like to relive childhood some and I have a weird fascination with Dreamcast. I pick things up when they're cheap and don't go out of my way to find things. There's more important things in life as most of you already know. I ran into some money trouble a few years ago so I had to sell games off. One being Dynamite Cop! that I eventually bought another copy of. So with all that said, here's my collection.

I'll start with these puppies. Here we've got 6 Dreamcasts. One being slightly new in the box and it is my baby. It's slightly new due to me being very stupid, opened it, and played the Dreamcast for about a week. Put it back and haven't touched it since. The other 5 minus 1 work fine. The one that doesn't work happens to be that one I bought in 2007. I kept it this time. 8-) The black one I custom painted and the custom "Sonic Team" one is the console I currently use.
DC1.jpg

Here's a close-up of the box as well as boxes for accessories. Got the DC, Mouse, and VMU brand new. Found the keyboard at a local shop, mint for $20 with a $10 EB Games sticker ripped off of it. Only if they were still $10 brand new...
DC2.jpg

Congratulations, cupcake. You made it to my third photo. Back side of DC box with the DC chillin' inside. The box is crisp and I probably need that butt sling.
DC3.jpg

Here's my controllers, keyboard, mouse, VMUs, Tremor Paks, RetroBit Extension Cables (one NIB) and a Beharbros GEKKO HDMI box.
DC4.jpg

Now the fun stuff. I don't like burning games, so here's what I have. Hope the glare from the flash doesn't get in the way too much and you can hopefully still make those out.
DC5.jpg

DC6.jpg

DC7.jpg

I said I don't like burning discs, but I do have 2. One is the VMU Explorer Tool and the other would be Half-Life. I'm totally going to be going against the whole burning discs thing and I will eventually be getting a GDEMU. I'm really not trying to spend $80+ for a session of Power Stone 2 once in awhile.

I'll also take this post as an opportunity to ask anyone that if you own NBA Hoopz could I please get a HQ scan of the back inlay? My game came without it. It was the only game they had at the local shop with the original 2007 Dreamcast I bought.
:P

I appreciate you looking and you have yourself a great day. Stay classy.

BKDCRCKR
lithium

Re: BKDCRCKR's DC Collection

Post#2 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:55 am

Oh yeah, and here's a little bonus. I don't even collect vinyl but I snagged this up since it's limited edition and honestly it's probably my favorite game. Too many memories.

DC8.jpg

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#3 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:51 am

nice gear.. thx for sharing!

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#4 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:12 am

Really nice Collection ! A gdemu is really good i strongly recommend it, i bought mine att aliexpress and it works flawless.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:16 am

Sweet!

Though that's the wrong DOA2 you want the limited one Japan-only

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/dreamcast ... ive-2/data

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Sun May 12, 2019 1:02 pm

thats a nice collection bro!

BKDCRCKR
lithium

Post#7 » Sun May 12, 2019 1:32 pm

@HuntrRose Thanks for peeping it out. :D

@FlorreW Thank you. Yeah I've had my eye on one for a while when they first came out. Them clones make it tempting to buy. Ha!

@mistamontiel Thanks! And oh? What's the difference between the two?

@ncman071 Thanks bud! I'll get that NBA 2k2 soon and play with you. :P

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Couple more chars to the roster I believe also boss selectable for time attack I think

BKDCRCKR
lithium

Post#9 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Oh, cool. I'll have to check that out then. Thanks!

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#10 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:04 pm

you werent kidding, nice collection ya got there :D