Laurent C dreamcast collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Laurent C dreamcast collection

Post#281 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:50 pm

Loloretro wrote:I don't know anything about it.

Neither do I.

Loloretro
chill

Post#282 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:30 pm

Presenting an early prototype of Grandia 2 on Dreamcast, dated 3 months before the final Japanese version. The differences are numerous, with many textures missing, whether on a level element or on the entire map.

Read and download below:

https://www.sega-dreamcast-info-games-p ... pe-iso-gdi

Loloretro
chill

Post#283 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:23 pm

Discovery of an Unreleased Japanese prototype of Quake 3 Arena Dreamcast. We go behind the scenes with Scott Hawkins who worked on Q3A DC's online mode, and shares his fond memories and anecdotes about the port.

Did you know that SEGA was considering releasing Quake 3 for DC in Japan?

Thanks to Scott Hawkins for his testimonial about the Dreamcast port of Quake 3 Arena. At the time, online gaming was in its infancy.

Could Quake 3 Arena have found fans in Japan?

https://www.sega-dreamcast-info-games-p ... se-version

Loloretro
chill

Post#284 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:20 am

Looking back on The Flinstones in Viva Rock Vegas Dreamcast (its prototypes and White Label) with the game's Making-Of.

The programmer, @Donzanoid, shares his memories of the game's chaotic development. Thanks to him.

https://www.sega-dreamcast-info-games-p ... -dreamcast

colgate
Doom

Post#285 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:24 pm

It's hard to keep up with so many releases, thank you so much!

Loloretro
chill

Post#286 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:22 am

As it was a Capcom title, a Dreamcast hit and a game in the Resident Evil license, we had to find a way to showcase these two Resident Evil Code Veronica prototypes, even if they are final versions. VincentNl has found the solution, and now offers a hack of the game to access its hidden Debug Menu.

https://www.sega-dreamcast-info-games-p ... debug-hack

bingobongo
minority

Post#287 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:02 am

Just finished reading the fascinating article about Flintstones VRV.

As a proud (past owner) of the white label disc many, many, years ago - I question the 12 burnt copies statement. I bought it on the Assembler games forum and the seller had a few of them for sale at the time - and I remember it being the second time they'd sold copies of the white label. It's certainly rare, but I'd go with closer to 50 or a 100 copies minimum (at a guess). It does come up for sale every few years and I'd assume a lot of collectors have a copy but won't sell - as it's one of the only white label exclusives. My guess is that most people are hanging on to it.

Also, the cost of making the glass master, etc - in the factory - would lean towards at least 50 copies. I doubt they go through all that effort for 12 discs. They may also have destroyed copies when it was confirmed it wasn't going to be released so no promotion was required.

Just my thoughts.

Loloretro
chill

Post#288 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:27 am

bingobongo wrote:Just finished reading the fascinating article about Flintstones VRV.

As a proud (past owner) of the white label disc many, many, years ago - I question the 12 burnt copies statement. I bought it on the Assembler games forum and the seller had a few of them for sale at the time - and I remember it being the second time they'd sold copies of the white label. It's certainly rare, but I'd go with closer to 50 or a 100 copies minimum (at a guess). It does come up for sale every few years and I'd assume a lot of collectors have a copy but won't sell - as it's one of the only white label exclusives. My guess is that most people are hanging on to it.

Also, the cost of making the glass master, etc - in the factory - would lean towards at least 50 copies. I doubt they go through all that effort for 12 discs. They may also have destroyed copies when it was confirmed it wasn't going to be released so no promotion was required.

Just my thoughts.

This is the information I found on Unseen 64.

I think we must be on a WL production of 50 for this game.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#289 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:32 am

Loloretro wrote:Looking back on The Flinstones in Viva Rock Vegas Dreamcast (its prototypes and White Label) with the game's Making-Of.

The programmer, @Donzanoid, shares his memories of the game's chaotic development. Thanks to him.

This is a new version ? Unfortunately the game is almost unplayable.

Loloretro
chill

Post#290 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:10 am

fafadou wrote:
Loloretro wrote:Looking back on The Flinstones in Viva Rock Vegas Dreamcast (its prototypes and White Label) with the game's Making-Of.

This is a new version ? Unfortunately the game is almost unplayable.

There's a prototyped version (a few months before the white label) and the White Label version of the game. It would be interesting to be able to explore all the races in the prototype. The game's developers would modify the code to do this, the game never had a Debug Menu. So it would be possible to make a cheat.

The developer's testimony shows the game's chaotic development, which is perhaps the cause of...