I love you guys already :p

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

I love you guys already :p

Post#1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Hello everyone. You may or may not have seen me post a couple of things here and there over the last couple of days, but pcwzrd13's PAL line inducer arrived in only a few days (Crossed the Atlantic from the US to the UK in only a few days, very impressed) and I have Dreamkey 3.0 online and operating just fine. I'm so excited :D

My name on anything I do is Roareye or Roareye Black (Usually the former) and my real name is Rory Joscelyne. I've been a big SEGA fan since I was a child in the early 90s (Born 86, but didn't get gaming til I was about 5 or 6) and own many of their consoles and am a bit of a collector. I own everything from the SG-1000 to the Dreamcast in variations, including the Aiwa CSD-G1M Japanese Boombox with included Mega Drive/Mega CD functionality. I also worked with SEGA Europe on the Summer of Sonic conventions between 2008 and 2013, running it and hosting it in both 2012 and 2013. I'm the dude in the black and blue jacket and Shadow ears in this video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7FKDO1ljIQ&t=109s

So I didn't know that gaming online on DC was still a thing, and as soon as I did I told myself it would wait a couple months. That evening I'd bought all the parts and a few days after that I'm now online :lol:

These sites (From Kazade's how to, to dreamcastlive.net with pcwzrd13, to this forum and several other places I've been scouting) show a real commitment to the DC I've been missing. I'll list what online titles I have, obviously I'll need to improve on this list.

PAL
Chu Chu Rocket
F355 Challenge
Jet Set Radio
Metropolis Street Racer
Planet Ring
Sega GT
Shenmue
Sonic Adventure
Toy Racer
Worms World Party

US
Daytona USA
Quake III Arena
Vanishing Point

JAP
18 Wheeler Pro Trucker
Dead or Alive 2
Eternal Arcadia
Jet Set Radio
Phantasy Star Online (ver 1)
Phantasy Star Online (ver 2)
Puyo Puyo Fever
Sega Rally 2
Super Producers

Please make suggestions on what you think I should get to keep up, Ooga Booga looks fun but I look forward to the suggestions of the group :)

Nice to meet you. See you on DC ^_^
Last edited by Roareye on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xiden
Developer

Re: I love you guys already :p

Post#2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Welcome to the community! Glad to see more and more new members. Hope to see you for our Dreamcast game nights!

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Welcome! Cant wait to see you online. Would recommend maybe getting some of the 2K Games as most of those games will be live in a few months (2K1 in a few weeks) and Pod is a good one too

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:42 pm

I suggest getting PBA Tour Bowling 2001. 3 reasons...
1. No one from the original Dreamcast era played this game until about a year ago.
2. This is also an online game that Shuouma brought to life to add to the DC online lineup.
3. It's free...just download, burn and play.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#5 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:56 am

Just ordered a copy of PSO version 2 as someone said that most people play that edition.

I'll look at the 2k games but I'm not a big sports fan, the racer POD is more my bag. I did try to find PBA Tour Bowling on eBay and couldn't find a copy. That explains why lol

Im going to get myself an OSSC upscaler next month, as it gives perfect scaling of Dreamcast at any output. With my current VGA to HDMI upscaler I get lots of delay, especially in audio, and using some of the in-game browsers shifts the image off of the side of the screen making it hard to use. Once I have that my Quake gameplay should improve lol

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#6 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:33 am

Roareye wrote:Just ordered a copy of PSO version 2 as someone said that most people play that edition.

I'll look at the 2k games but I'm not a big sports fan, the racer POD is more my bag. I did try to find PBA Tour Bowling on eBay and couldn't find a copy. That explains why lol

Im going to get myself an OSSC upscaler next month, as it gives perfect scaling of Dreamcast at any output. With my current VGA to HDMI upscaler I get lots of delay, especially in audio, and using some of the in-game browsers shifts the image off of the side of the screen making it hard to use. Once I have that my Quake gameplay should improve lol

Sounds Good! Most of us are not sports fans, which is why its going to be so hilarious to see us play them as we wont have a clue on what to do :lol:

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 pm

PBA Bowling for Dreamcast never hit the market , go TheISOZone there's two of them to choose the initial release and the dummied one which pushes the data to the outer of the disc . Less wear

Oh if you're from PAL land she needs region check kill

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#8 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:49 pm

I use a Codebreaker disc to get around region checks, though I might switch to an Action Replay cos CB is a birch to save more than a certain number of codes to (the only codes I use are the 16:9 codes as my upscaler always stretches the image anyway so I might as well get legit widescreen out of the games).