Masakari reporting for duty!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!
User avatar
MasakariPrime
noob
Posts: 4
Contact:

Masakari reporting for duty!

Post#1 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:14 am

Hi people!

Looooong time lurker that finally registered to check out the DC development scene and multiplayer stuff.

I'm a 3d artist who grew up on Sega consoles (Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, DC) and I used to work in the games industry. I still do occasional stuff but these days I mostly do archviz and 3d printing for miniatures gaming. Love Sega stuff, love the Dreamcast, Mechs, and Soccer.

I'm trying to get either a Broadband Adapter or a DreamPi to play PSO with the community.

User avatar
Wrath of Khan
Feet of Fury
Posts: 575

Re: Masakari reporting for duty!

Post#2 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:06 am

Hi and welcome. Plenty of new dc games coming and many old ones back online too.

User avatar
Anonymouse
Dead House
Posts: 383

Re: Masakari reporting for duty!

Post#3 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:34 am

MasakariPrime wrote:Hi people!

Looooong time lurker that finally registered to check out the DC development scene and multiplayer stuff.

I'm a 3d artist who grew up on Sega consoles (Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, DC) and I used to work in the games industry. I still do occasional stuff but these days I mostly do archviz and 3d printing for miniatures gaming. Love Sega stuff, love the Dreamcast, Mechs, and Soccer.

I'm trying to get either a Broadband Adapter or a DreamPi to play PSO with the community.


Welcome to the community! I have both DreamPi and BBA. I would recommend the DreamPi option over the BBA. Its also cheaper and supports much more games.

I look forward to seeing you online!
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

User avatar
MasakariPrime
noob
Posts: 4
Contact:

Re: Masakari reporting for duty!

Post#4 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Anonymouse wrote:
MasakariPrime wrote:Hi people!

Looooong time lurker that finally registered to check out the DC development scene and multiplayer stuff.

I'm a 3d artist who grew up on Sega consoles (Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, DC) and I used to work in the games industry. I still do occasional stuff but these days I mostly do archviz and 3d printing for miniatures gaming. Love Sega stuff, love the Dreamcast, Mechs, and Soccer.

I'm trying to get either a Broadband Adapter or a DreamPi to play PSO with the community.


Welcome to the community! I have both DreamPi and BBA. I would recommend the DreamPi option over the BBA. Its also cheaper and supports much more games.

I look forward to seeing you online!

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards DreamPi as well. Does anyone sell them "pre-configured" or it's all DIY?

User avatar
Anonymouse
Dead House
Posts: 383

Re: Masakari reporting for duty!

Post#5 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:27 pm

The only part that is difficult to make is the LVI. Checkout Dreamcast Live. they sell premade kits there for a very reasonable price
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

User avatar
mistamontiel
Outrun
Posts: 1115
Contact:

Re: Masakari reporting for duty!

Post#6 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:50 am

Yup ain't no shame in not DIY the LVI

She's plug n play! Welcome and hope to see you DreamPi!!!

User avatar
MasakariPrime
noob
Posts: 4
Contact:

Re: Masakari reporting for duty!

Post#7 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:06 am

Anonymouse wrote:The only part that is difficult to make is the LVI. Checkout Dreamcast Live. they sell premade kits there for a very reasonable price

Excellent, I'm checking them out and will order one :)

User avatar
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Posts: 3696
Contact:

Re: Masakari reporting for duty!

Post#8 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Hello and welcome to DC-Talk!

You can get a DreamPi from PCwzrd13 (notably a RaspberryPi3 SD-card, USB modem and a telephone cable). I do not know if the LVI is built-in being PCwzrd13 does not mention it on DC-Live. Honestly, you can also just follow the video guide from DC-Live if you get a RaspberryPi from somewhere else. You'll need a USB modem that is compatible with the RaspberryPi which TacT and PCwzrd13 sell and a SD-card. I own the one TacT modded which has a built-in LVI. Once hardware is out of the way, you're good.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Member Introduction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users