Salutations, fellow brethren

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

LightBound
rebel

Salutations, fellow brethren

Post#1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:35 pm

Why, hello there. The name is LightBound, and I'm currently 21. The truth is, doctor... I actually didn't grow up with the Dreamcast. I know, it's such a terrible secret. In fact, I've mostly been a Nintendo gamer (ZOMG). However, that is not to say that I never grew up with SEGA games.

I played a lot of Genesis, SNES, N64, and GameCube growing up to be exact. I believe the first SEGA game I ever touched was Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the GameCube. T'was a fabulous experience at the time long before the realization of how bad some of the cutscenes and voice acting is LOL. As for the Genesis, I've played Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 + Mania & Knuckles feat. Dante from Devil May Cry, Altered Beast, Flicky, Kid Chameleon, Ecco--you name it.

I really enjoyed SEGA then, and I still do now, of course. If I'm being completely honest though, I do find myself playing Nintendo more than SEGA. Some of my favorite games of all time are: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, EarthBound, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Metroid, Smash-- I could go on and on, but then this post would get as long as the Holy Bible.

While Nintendo is great and all, I do like me a nice break time to time. This is when I jump over to the SEGA side of the force and play games like... wait for it... the Sonic Adventure games (Good golly isn't that surprising), Jet Grind Radio, Phantasy Star Online, Crazy Taxi, Super Monkey Ball, and even Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (How can anyone dislike such a beautiful man?).

As for JSR, PSO, and CrazyTaxi, I've only recently poked my finger in them and I'm having a really great time with all of them so far.
The PSO community has got to be one of the nicest communities I've ever seen. Honestly, those people are amazing and deserve cookies.

...Aaand I think that's all the time I've got. I have to get back to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Nintendo 3DS.
(No, but seriously. Glad to be apart of the Dreamcast-Talk fam. Hit me up whenevs. Cheers!)

Sega1Dream
Donated

Re: Salutations, fellow brethren

Post#2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Welcome to the Dreamcast Community LightBound! All gamers are welcomed as it's all about playing fun classic games the way they used to be. Hope to see you online either on PSO, POD Racing, Alien Front Online, or the many sports games! :D

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#3 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Welcome aboard! I'm also a newer Dreamcast owner, bought one in October. I played Gamecube/GBA/PC at the time though so I had already had experience with games like PSO, Chu Chu Rocket, and Worms World Party. Bought one for all the great fighting games, and stayed for the online.

I'm also a big Nintendo fan, got a Switch and have been addicted to Monster Hunter again.

LightBound
rebel

Post#4 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:22 pm

Sega1Dream wrote:Welcome to the Dreamcast Community LightBound! All gamers are welcomed as it's all about playing fun classic games the way they used to be. Hope to see you online either on PSO, POD Racing, Alien Front Online, or the many sports games! :D

Likewise! A pleasure meeting you. (:

ReaderRagfish wrote:Welcome aboard! I'm also a newer Dreamcast owner, bought one in October. I played Gamecube/GBA/PC at the time though so I had already had experience with games like PSO, Chu Chu Rocket, and Worms World Party. Bought one for all the great fighting games, and stayed for the online.

I'm also a big Nintendo fan, got a Switch and have been addicted to Monster Hunter again.

Nice! PM me your Switch friend code sometime. (:

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:40 pm

Love the unique intro. Sega also has another game Michael Jackson is in called Space Channel 5, Part 2. You actually have to rescue him. Hard game to play for most people. We have a link in the forums here to an ISO that you can burn and play because it has the English speech as opposed to the Japanese only release.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:57 pm

I got you that, this the only link to the fully-translated one today. w-0-w you are rescuing MJ in Space Channel 5 2!? That.. that is bonkers

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XbUGM ... VSlTPp0-2-

LightBound
rebel

Post#7 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:05 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Love the unique intro. Sega also has another game Michael Jackson is in called Space Channel 5, Part 2. You actually have to rescue him. Hard game to play for most people. We have a link in the forums here to an ISO that you can burn and play because it has the English speech as opposed to the Japanese only release.

mistamontiel wrote:I got you that, this the only link to the fully-translated one today. w-0-w you are rescuing MJ in Space Channel 5 2!? That.. that is bonkers

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XbUGM ... VSlTPp0-2-

Interesting. o:

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#8 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Yes, that link is mine. I hope someone grabs this and can add it to the DC Google drive achive. I have found that some of Smith's work like the one I have uploaded is missing from that archive.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Return to “New Member Introduction”