New from Spain and from Playstation world.... :lol:

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RuBeN16v
noob

New from Spain and from Playstation world.... :lol:

Post#1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:03 pm

Hello, my name´s Ruben, I´m from Madrid, Spain, and I have just bought a "broken" Dreamcast :D
Well, it was broken this morning, now it is fixed and running great jajajajajaja

I am a PS1 lover, have like 300 original games, plus 1TB HDD with almost all the games ever existed on PS1, but, Dreamcast was always the console I wanted to have, and now that I have one runing and see its potential I am impressed!!

Anyway I hope not to invest so much money as I did on playstations jajjajaja but I like to have a perfect Dreamcast unit.

I am cleaning my dreamcast right now and trying to have it as white as possible, and then I have a lot of questions...... best video output, options for internal HDD.... you now... just like all of us I gues...

Well, so forgive me about my english ( I know it is not perfect ) and please, guide me for the good path to have a nice Dreamcast on my collection :D
I´m going to read a little over the forum and then going to ask or perhaps open a new thread asking for help. Thanks in advantage and congratullations for such a good place you have here

beanboy
Wazza

Re: New from Spain and from Playstation world.... :lol:

Post#2 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm

Welcome to the forums Ruben. :D

Sega RPG

Post#3 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:08 am

Welcome to the forum mate

I guess you need to cover your play when you play with your dreamcast as it's jealous, you know...

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#4 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:31 am

Welcome. And best of luck.

I have the sd-gdrom in one of my dreamcast and love it. But not all of my games are on one sd card. And one has my favorite games on it. That card stays in the dreamcast most often as I don't play most of the others. That and the fan mod makes for a nice quiet dreamcast.

I also have the pound hdmi cable and am happy with it. I know there are better options but those can cost more and/or be more complicated. The hdmi cable is just plug and play, no usb power supply, no converter boxes or adapters. I am please with it on a 42 inch TV.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:57 pm

RuBeN16v wrote:Hello, my name´s Ruben, I´m from Madrid, Spain, and I have just bought a "broken" Dreamcast :D
Well, it was broken this morning, now it is fixed and running great jajajajajaja

I am a PS1 lover, have like 300 original games, plus 1TB HDD with almost all the games ever existed on PS1, but, Dreamcast was always the console I wanted to have, and now that I have one runing and see its potential I am impressed!!

Anyway I hope not to invest so much money as I did on playstations jajjajaja but I like to have a perfect Dreamcast unit.

I am cleaning my dreamcast right now and trying to have it as white as possible, and then I have a lot of questions...... best video output, options for internal HDD.... you now... just like all of us I gues...

Well, so forgive me about my english ( I know it is not perfect ) and please, guide me for the good path to have a nice Dreamcast on my collection :D
I´m going to read a little over the forum and then going to ask or perhaps open a new thread asking for help. Thanks in advantage and congratullations for such a good place you have here

¡Hola y Welcome!

You will enjoy this great console!

For video output is recommended vga, adapter needed... but you will see that a AV output with a old crt TV and ntsc at 60hz will looks great too, many times like a arcade feeling.

For games storage... you have many ways. Dreamshell + SD card, Dreamshell + HDD (homemade), GDEMU... many choices. But is important from my point of view to keep alive and working the original reader. Yes, maybe you hate to burn CD's nowday but that way never fails.

*You can play many PS1 games on dreamcast too hahahhaha.

If you want more, you can plug your DC Online but maybe other day with the other things ready hahha.

Enjoy this community, many people sharing the same love for this great console. :-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!