Hello! First time on a forum

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Thedom517
rebel

Hello! First time on a forum

Post#1 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Hey everyone! I’m Dominic. But you can call me Dom. I love video games in general but sega is my most favorite company. I’m getting a Dreamcast on Friday! I can’t wait. Anyone have any suggestions on games I should get? Any accessories?
-Thedom517

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCB4MgPzXVEUKXednwQHtDug Consider subscribing! It helps a lot for my channel! -Dom

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Re: Hello! First time on a forum

Post#2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:31 am

Welcome dude. Depends what type of stuff you like I definitely say sonic adventure is a must as I love that game. As for accessories, other than a few VMU, if you're planning on jumping online I'd suggest a keyboard and mouse for quake 3 and general chatting. Enjoy your time here!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:39 am

Welcome! Always great to see new people join the community! More and more games are being brought online all the time. I suggest investing into a DreamPi if you do any online gaming at all. The system has dozens of active online games.

https://www.dreamcastlive.net/shop

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:41 am

Welcome to the most freindly forum :) depends on what games your into :) stay while dreamcast forever :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:46 am

Welcome to DC-Talk. I do not know your gaming preferences but if you have a VMU and want an epic game with mystery, action and adventure, Shenmue (match your region) and Shenmue 2 (PAL version or look for the hard to find English Speech mod). I hate to say this, but if you have a PS4, you might be better off buying the Shenmue 1 & 2 combo game being new in the USA is under $30.00 My son just received it for his graduation last week for $23.50 new from Game Stop.

The rest of my game list:
1. Sonic Adventure.
2. Sonic Adventure 2.
3. Jet Grind Radio.
4. Crazy Taxi 2 (This is a blast to play).
5. Spider-Man.
Note: Online features for DLC and such exists for some of these games.

Online Game List:
1. Phantasy Star Online v2 (aka PSOv2).
2. Maximum Pool.
3. 4x4 Evo.
4. Internet Game Pack (Google Dreamcast-Live for details - free game).
5. Monaco On-Line Racing Simulation (be very careful which you get of this - there is a whole big story on this one at the Dreamcast Junkyard).

Accessories:
1. DC Keyboard (a must for online play).
2. VMUs (notably if you are to play PSOv2).
3. DreamPi (details at Dreamcast-Live).
4. DC Mouse (only if you want to play Quake 3 Arena).

Note: They sell adapters to use a standard PC keyboard and mouse if actual DC hardware is not an option.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mr.kaeru
lithium

Post#6 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:51 am

Hi Dom and welcome. I am myself new to the forum as well. :)

I'm not going to be really original and re-iterate what has been said so far but great starting place for games would be Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi series. These are both instant fun games.

If you want a fighting game with neat visuals, Soul Calibur is a great candidate. Puzzle game wise I'd recommend classics such as Bubble Bobble 4, Puyo Puyo Fever or Sega Swirl. If you are looking for a more original puzzle game I would recommend Wetrix.

I agree with Bob Dobbs, Shenmue would be better off played on a PS4, if not exclusively for the long loading times. However I understand you just got a Dreamcast and would like to use it. Either way, the game offers a great adventure.

srilanka888
shadow

Post#7 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:26 pm

Crazy taxi is classic game.