The Legend Will Never Die

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

UnpluggedRadio
noob

The Legend Will Never Die

Post#1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Greetings all,

I am a longtime Dreamcast owner who has just connected his system to the internet for the first time thanks to pcwzrd13 and the incredible Dream Pi. So far, I've nabbed the DLC for Skies of Arcadia (words cannot describe how exciting this was) and went online in Ooga Booga (there were no opponents) just to verify that it worked.

I am located in the Northeastern United States. As fas as online multiplayer games go I currently own Ooga Booga, Worms World Party, and Chu Chu Rocket! I would absolutely love to play any of those, but especially Ooga Booga.

I am looking into picking up more games to play online with y'all - which ones should I prioritize?

Lastly, I also own Unreal Tournament, but I see that it's currently not online. Are there plans to get it up and running in the future or do I need to get Quake?

Best,
UnpluggedRadio

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: The Legend Will Never Die

Post#2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:04 pm

Welcome to the Homepage of the Dreamcast.
Unreal is not online and frankly I bet it would be a disappointment compared to the experience of Quake 3.

Hope to see you online soon. try and get a copy of Maximum Pool, PodSpeedZoneII, 4x4 Evo, Alien Front Online, Quake 3 and Monaco.

If you want to just download and burn the games to a CD-R that's an option too.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:53 pm

All of what deluxux said.

SIDE NOTES:
1. You will need to download Monaco Online if you want to use VGA (thanx to mrneo240).
2. Alien Front Online (AFO) has a mic but is not needed or required.
3. The games that are played weekly are Q3 on Fridays, PSO (also played daily), Worms World Party (WWP) early-mid afternoon unofficially on Saturdays and Monaco Online sometimes at mid afternoon on either Saturday or Sunday.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

UnpluggedRadio
noob

Post#4 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:15 pm

Thanks for the replies, I will make those games a priority.

Are most people using a keyboard/mouse for Quake III or for chat features in other games?

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#5 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:32 am

UnpluggedRadio wrote:Are most people using a keyboard/mouse for Quake III or for chat features in other games?

I think most of us do own keyboards, whereas mouse owners are mostly dedicated Quake 3 fans. A keyboard is very handy for pretty much all online games, and it's well worth getting one.

The mouse does help a lot with Q3, but it isn't useful for much else and the game is still fine without it. I spent about a year playing Q3 with the controller until I finally got a mouse, and it was still fun. Having a mouse made a big difference, but don't be afraid to play if you only have the controller.

Return to “New Member Introduction”