New to Dreamcast World. :)

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Jase
shadow

New to Dreamcast World. :)

Post#1 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:12 am

Hey all,

I recently landed a "revision 1" PAL Dreamcast in full working order with controllers and a few games for the princely sum of gratis. It had been dumped in a box in my neighbourhood and I would've been insane not to grab it. :)

Right now I'm waiting for an RGB Scart cable to arrive because it only had an RF lead - which was a surprise that any gamer would have been using that in the late 90s for a new machine but if you have any recommendations for games and homebrew that I should check out as a newbie, please share them. I like all genres and I'm always prepared to step out of my comfort zone and give the unusual a try.

Cheers!

J.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: New to Dreamcast World. :)

Post#2 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:01 pm

:shock:

wow thats a good find.

welcome to the site. check out the new games/homebrew section for cool stuff. and there is atomiswave section for some arcade conversions. really the whole site is full of games to play.

Jase
shadow

Post#3 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:50 pm

dubcity wrote::shock:

wow thats a good find.

Check it out. :)

dubcity wrote:welcome to the site. check out the new games/homebrew section for cool stuff. and there is atomiswave section for some arcade conversions. really the whole site is full of games to play.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look! :D

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#4 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:23 pm

Welcome here :-)

Jase
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:27 pm

Thanks! :)

Roel
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:55 pm

Jase wrote:Hey all,

I recently landed a "revision 1" PAL Dreamcast in full working order with controllers and a few games for the princely sum of gratis. It had been dumped in a box in my neighbourhood and I would've been insane not to grab it. :)

Right now I'm waiting for an RGB Scart cable to arrive because it only had an RF lead - which was a surprise that any gamer would have been using that in the late 90s for a new machine but if you have any recommendations for games and homebrew that I should check out as a newbie, please share them. I like all genres and I'm always prepared to step out of my comfort zone and give the unusual a try.

Cheers!

J.

Wow, that's a lucky find! And what's also lucky is that the Dreamcast has a fantastic homebrew scene, if I do say so myself. ;)

And since you're asking... I totally recommend Intrepid Izzy. ;)

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#7 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:08 pm

Someone tossed all of that. That's a damn shame. smh

Well you know the saying. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Jase
shadow

Post#8 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Roel wrote:
Wow, that's a lucky find! And what's also lucky is that the Dreamcast has a fantastic homebrew scene, if I do say so myself. ;)

And since you're asking... I totally recommend Intrepid Izzy. ;)

Noted and thanks. :)

dubcity wrote:Someone tossed all of that. That's a damn shame. smh

That was from just one box containing the Dreamcast stuff. There was another box with a working Mega Drive II, games, the PSU, controllers - plus PS2 controllers, a PC gamepad (sealed box), spindles of DVD+RW's, dozens of DVD/CD cases and DVD/CD sleeves - both of which will come in handy for burning my own DC discs. ;)

dubcity wrote:Well you know the saying. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

This haul is definitely my treasure.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#9 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:15 pm

Wow thats a lot of stuff. Damn good find!

I almost feel bad for whoever threw that stuff out. They must be doing bad to do that.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#10 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:12 am

Metropolis Street Racer and Crazy Taxi were dumped? :shock:
Lol! :roll: